Complete Noob With A Janty Stick V3

jtalpha

Hey whats up? I found this forum on youtube thanks to chris and seans videos. I was a pack a day smoker, but all that changed thursday night when I got a janty stick v3. I haven't had a cigarette in 2 days, but I really have some concerns. So far, the janty stick only likes carts, no direct dripping, and the taste is freaking terrible. Has anyone tried a 510 adapter? Cause I am seriously almost regretting my decision. I get really really good hits, but the fact still remains that 1/3 hits I am coughing up a freaking lung, maybe a newb thing, trying to get used to it, but jebus this thing can rip like a champ, but its only 1/8 times I hit it? I am thinking about getting something else, but I have no idea what, can you guys jump in and help?

Yo jtalpha. The coughing up a lung might well be a newbie thing; I didn't have that problem but you should have seen my son's eyes watering after he picked his lungs off the floor the first time! :D As to the J stick, can't help, that's another device I haven't tried yet. I do seem to remember though that others are using 510s with theirs. Hope I'm right; surely someone who actually knows what they're talking about will chime in here shortly. Good luck, keep asking questions - eventually you hit on one I can answer!

Hey whats up? I found this forum on youtube thanks to chris and seans videos. I was a pack a day smoker, but all that changed thursday night when I got a janty stick v3. I haven't had a cigarette in 2 days, but I really have some concerns. So far, the janty stick only likes carts, no direct dripping, and the taste is freaking terrible. Has anyone tried a 510 adapter? Cause I am seriously almost regretting my decision. I get really really good hits, but the fact still remains that 1/3 hits I am coughing up a freaking lung, maybe a newb thing, trying to get used to it, but jebus this thing can rip like a champ, but its only 1/8 times I hit it? I am thinking about getting something else, but I have no idea what, can you guys jump in and help?

I have a couple of V3's and honestlty they are my least favorite unit. :( I have tried the 801 & the 510 on it. I would recommend the eGo. It is a great unit and you will find numerous posts on here from other eGo users that love it. keep us posted on what you decide to get. :)

I had a Janty Stick, was okay, retired now in favor of the 510 megas, Spade and now ego batts with cartomizers. If you are coughing alot, and it's not productive, maybe the nicotine level is too high. I dripped in the stick I had (V2). What kind/strength of juice did you get and what did you used to smoke? Also, make sure you take nice long even hits. I also always kept the device down to make sure the juice was getting to the atty.

I've never had a Janty stick, but I wouldn't think it was the unit causing you to cough. Some people just seem to go through that when they start vaping. I know my son did, but I never did. There is a learning curve that goes along with vaping. The first thing you need to know is that you should take it slow and easy in the beginning. Don't push yourself too hard. Try not taking a drag like you would with a cigarette...take long, slow drags. Also try to fill your mouth with vapor before inhaling into your lungs. That works for me. And as FTJoe said, it may well be that the nic level is too high for you.

Keep asking questions and you'll get plenty of answers and help.

I should have mentioned why I make a distinction about the productive cough, I had one but not within a couple of days. I feel it was my lungs finally being able to get rid of the junk. I think it's more likely you have too much nic causing a wicked throat hit and coughing fit or atty issues (going dry, a bum atty, etc.

Welcome to VaporTalk first off and I felt something similar when I first started vaping, harsh cough, dry throat..etc. What worked for me was when I ran out of the pre-filled carts that came with my starter kit and got some nice fresh juice and started refilling my carts with it, it all went away.

Next thing I noobed was going a tad too high on my strength, figuring I needed more nic to kinda 're-create' what I was using in analogs. Ended up with racing heartbeat and a little lightheaded. When I adjusted down on my nic, THAT all went away.

For me, it's all pure enjoyment now.

At this point in YOUR vaping career, it's all about trial and error. Read everything you can here on the forums, especially this thread

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/1713-common-symptoms-when-vaping/

I found it helpful, and I hope it helps.

i am planning on ordering a 510 adapter but im kinda confused. on vapor galaxy the adapter is long like it would stick out of the stick which would make sense but on some other sites its short, would either one work? and if i got an adapter would i be able to use cartomizers too?

i am planning on ordering a 510 adapter but im kinda confused. on vapor galaxy the adapter is long like it would stick out of the stick which would make sense but on some other sites its short, would either one work? and if i got an adapter would i be able to use cartomizers too?

The adapter that Luke carries is the correct one. You want it long so that it sticks out of the V3. If it was too short you wouldn't be able to screw it on. Yes cartomizers will work on it. :)

Well it is a dry cough. Long slow drags are not working properly, and the taste is still way off. I am using a 18mg juice, that I overpaid for, am going to be getting stuff the organic juice to try that, and a couple of the others, also going to go with 11mg juice. I need to get something else, my janty is not working like I want it to. I am thinking of going to the 510 series and will post up when I do. Thanks to everyone, seems like this is the place I want to be at asking vaping questions.

Well it is a dry cough. Long slow drags are not working properly, and the taste is still way off. I am using a 18mg juice, that I overpaid for, am going to be getting stuff the organic juice to try that, and a couple of the others, also going to go with 11mg juice. I need to get something else, my janty is not working like I want it to. I am thinking of going to the 510 series and will post up when I do. Thanks to everyone, seems like this is the place I want to be at asking vaping questions.

Okay - let us know how it works out. I hate to see you give up on what many think is a nice device. You've tried other atomizers?

well i got my 510 adapter today :thumbsup: world of difference to me. it almost seems like a different device. with the other attys it seemed like i was only getting a good vape 1 out of every 7 to 10 times. with the 510's its every time and more vapor. i love it. would recommend it. i also got the drip tip from vapor galaxy too and am lovin that

well i got my 510 adapter today :thumbsup: world of difference to me. it almost seems like a different device. with the other attys it seemed like i was only getting a good vape 1 out of every 7 to 10 times. with the 510's its every time and more vapor. i love it. would recommend it. i also got the drip tip from vapor galaxy too and am lovin that

Yep; dripping 510s -- that living the good life. :D

Is that still an 801 model? Did you try an atty from another vendor? just saying some folks like the 801s. Glad to hear it wasn't a waste though!!

i believe so. it was whatever came with my joye stick. i ordered a couple extra when i ordered the stick but not from any other vendors no. just seemed like they were not very consistent where ive had the 510 in now for about 4 hours and been vapin on it a lot and it hasnt missed once. nothing against the 801, the flavor was a little better with it, but i would still prefer the 510. i want to try out some cartomizers now

i believe so. it was whatever came with my joye stick. i ordered a couple extra when i ordered the stick but not from any other vendors no. just seemed like they were not very consistent where ive had the 510 in now for about 4 hours and been vapin on it a lot and it hasnt missed once. nothing against the 801, the flavor was a little better with it, but i would still prefer the 510. i want to try out some cartomizers now

well then I guess I will toss the 20 and get some 510 attys, I am having the exact same problem, 1 in 7-8 hits were awesome, but I just thought it was the janty being a bad product. I will get a 510 atty from here, and will get the adapter in a week or so. Wish me luck cause I am back to a pack a day :((.

well then I guess I will toss the 20 and get some 510 attys, I am having the exact same problem, 1 in 7-8 hits were awesome, but I just thought it was the janty being a bad product. I will get a 510 atty from here, and will get the adapter in a week or so. Wish me luck cause I am back to a pack a day :((.

vaporgalaxy.com has the correct adapter and attys and carts. but they dont have cartomizers.very quick shipping too

Sorry to hear that. I hope it works out for you with the 510 atty. Keep us updated on that.

Glad to hear you got it ironed out. Carotmizers eh? Now you're talking! Love em!