How To Test An E-Cig For Durability. Not

So the other day wifey buys a used swing-set for the grandkids, and enlisted me as driver to man the Blazer and trailer and go pick it up. We go get the swing-set and drive on home. We're chatting, I'm vaping, and as we pull onto our street I tuck my new Janty eGo in my lap to begin my approach. I back the trailer where I want it, and get out to unhitch.

I spaced out that I had put the e-cig in my lap, so as I get out of the Blazer, the eGo falls to the ground, unbeknownst to me. I unhitch the trailer, get back in the Blazer to pull it into the garage. As I turn off the engine, I think of my e-cig, and I go, "oooooh CRAP!" (Well, maybe something a bit more graphic)

Sure enough, I had not only dropped the eGo onto the gravel drive, but had then rolled over it with the Blazer! But when I find it, the only damage (besides some scratches) was the battery section was sort of cocked loose from the switch section. I pushed the battery back square with the switch, and take a drag, expecting extreme regret.

Was I ever surprised to learn that the unit seemed none the worse for wear. Vapes just fine, switch is solid and lights up as it should. The connection between batt and switch seems pretty tight. The black finish has a couple scratches, but nothing major. The case itself didn't buckle or break, and the batt charges up just fine.

While I wouldn't recommend this process to test the durability of the Janty eGo, I can report that the unit passed with flying colors.

Getting absent-minded as one grows older isn't a lot of fun, I can tell you.rolleyes2.gif

Sorry about your mishap but it is good to hear it withstood that abuse. I have dropped my eGo numerous times. 1 time it landed right on the atty and the atty broke but the eGo remained intact. thumbsup.gif

That is amazing!! I'm so glad it still worked. What an awful thing to happen to a wonderful unit though. I do understand that absent-minded thing. I've done the same thing you did without running it over. :blush:

that story makes me want the Ego/Tornado even more now. :lol:

sorry to hear about your Ego though... awesome that it still works but... hey! excuse to buy a new toy(PV)! :D

My thoughts, exactly. Placed an order for a second kit last night. With four batts and two chargers, I'll be good to go for awhile. thumbsup.gif