liquid from "filter" when inhaling

anna

Hi,

I'm very new to e-cigs, just purchased a starter kit of N Joy pro a few hours ago. I wanted to compare regular strength to light strength so I changed cartridges. After attaching the full strength cartridge, when I inhaled there was a small amount of liquid from the filter end that got on my lips. I want to make sure this is normal and not an indication of a possible faulty cartridge. While I don't like the taste of the liquid, I can probably get used to it, but I really don't want to get an unexpected dose of nicotine. The liquid does not drip from the "filter" it is only present after I inhale.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks !

Anna

Anna, you pulled in some of the e-liquid, obviously... which you want to avoid doing. The nicotine can enter your body if it gets on your skin anywhere, so be careful.

When you hit the e-cig, keep the 'headlight' end of it down so that gravity doesn't work to drain juice down from the cart to the mouthpiece draw hole, and don't pull on it quite so hard. With a little practice you can avoid getting the foul-tasting stuff onto your lips.

As stringdancer said getting liquid in your mouth isn't the best, but we've all done it. Keep your ecig light downward, but most of all try not to suck so hard, a long easy draw works better with an ecig. It's not like an Analog, taking a hard draw will not get you more vapor.

Feel free to ask any other questions (we're sure you'll have more :) )

Anna, you pulled in some of the e-liquid, obviously... which you want to avoid doing. The nicotine can enter your body if it gets on your skin anywhere, so be careful.

When you hit the e-cig, keep the 'headlight' end of it down so that gravity doesn't work to drain juice down from the cart to the mouthpiece draw hole, and don't pull on it quite so hard. With a little practice you can avoid getting the foul-tasting stuff onto your lips.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually some Coke or Dr.Pepper will do the trick to get that nasty taste out. I think the worst so far was the Red Bull flavor, got about a tea spoon worth in my mouth, oh man was it nasty.

how in the hell did you manage to get a teaspoon worth of liquid in your mouth you chasing tequila with ejuice or what?

I thought my Penstyle was low on liquid so I added a about 4 drops, (it already had liquid) it turns our it was just the battery needed changed. So I switched it out, leaned back in my chair and took a nice long drag and got the liquid treat in my mouth, nasty

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm very new to e-cigs, just purchased a starter kit of N Joy pro a few hours ago. I wanted to compare regular strength to light strength so I changed cartridges. After attaching the full strength cartridge, when I inhaled there was a small amount of liquid from the filter end that got on my lips. I want to make sure this is normal and not an indication of a possible faulty cartridge. While I don't like the taste of the liquid, I can probably get used to it, but I really don't want to get an unexpected dose of nicotine. The liquid does not drip from the "filter" it is only present after I inhale.

Any insight is appreciated.

Thanks !

Anna

It is OK.. You took to heavey of a hit. First few hits off a new cart , light.. Draw easy .. Once the over flow is gone you'll be able to take heavy drags with no juice slurpage.. You will get the same when you refill your carts.. Just takes time to learn...

• 2 weeks later...

I find that short, slow drags help prevent getting a taste of liquid like mentioned. If refilling your cart, just enough to look like a slushy, but not a puddle is better. Don't get discouraged, it just takes a little time to adjust to the difference compared to analogs on how you take a puff.