The Pure Glycerin Question

Well folks, I have been trying to gather my own intel on this situation and am now more confused. I purchased the CVS pharmacy brand pure glycerin USP. It is marketed as a Skin protectant as several of you have mentioned. Some folks out there say that USP is USP is USP and it is the same as a VG like Wilton's. I read one guys post that said he used it and got blisters on his tongue so he switched to a food grade VG and they went away. The Active ingredient is listed like this "Glycerin 99.5% Anhydrous". To me this means that the product is 100% Glycerin that is 99.5% water free, so I don't really see how this can be any different (or much different) than the Wilton brand.

Anyway the CVS is cheaper than the Wilton's, but I think in the end I can most likely purchase on the web in bulk cheaper even with shipping.

OK folks, let me have all the 2 cents you have out there... Thanks! :unworthy:

Someone posted on here quite awhile back about this and said that as long as it says USP...it's good. All the same stuff. I have some like you got and it works just fine. I'll see if I can find that post for you.

Unless you are a mad scientist a bottle will last quite a while.VG and PG for that matter are pretty common ingrediants in a very large portion of what we consume and in some our household chemicals.The wikipedia entry on them had a lot of stuff.

Thanks for that, I just found a post on another forum that was over 12 pages long. So, while it did not 100% answer my questions this is what I took away from it.

A pharmacist said that it's VG and safe

Humco, The supposed maker, said it's VG and safe

Some people seem to have a reaction to it that may be allergies and they do not have a reaction to Wilton's?

Wilton's is sweeter than the Humco(pharmacy/walmart) brand.

So I guess I will try it and see if,

A) I like it and

B) If it makes me feel bad.

Thanks again!

since the vaping community and all its components are still in its toddler years, many things are trial and error. some people can react to PG and not VG and visa versa, or maybe the flavoring, or even certain brands/types of PG/VG.

That being said--Either PG is technically safe. Maybe the sweetner in the wiltons provided a buffer for the individual.

Best practice is to play and try small amounts at first. allergies are not very common, but can happen to any chemicals, flavorings or even food products.

you have been fine so far, so there is no reason to believe you would have an allery.

personally I use the wiltons because it is a bit sweeter and tastes better (to me).

Clear as Mudd???