Is This A Bad Idea?

PiWright

I have a Screwdriver and cherish it, but it seems like I have to refill the carts allot. I noticed that the cartridge fillers used by Totally Wicked don't seem to leave allot of room for the juice. I took the filler out and it is pretty much the fiber fill version of a felt mat. Here's what I did and I would like your opinion. I cut off one top corner at an angle and stuffed it home. It filled with liquid quicker but I still had to reload allot. After a little frustration I took the filler out again and trimmed the tinniest amount off the side that I had already I cut at an angle. This worked better but still had to drop pretty frequent. So a couple days later during a deep clean I took the filler cleaned and stretched it out, (fluffed it), trimmed it back to size with the 'quick fill' angle on one of the top corners. Now there is less filler but there seems to be enough to supply the surface tension needed to keep the juice in place and I top off less often. While I have not seen any evidence that the atty is getting flooded I worry that I could be damaging the atomizer. Do any of you think this can hurt my 'Driver in any way?

I have a Screwdriver and cherish it, but it seems like I have to refill the carts allot. I noticed that the cartridge fillers used by Totally Wicked don't seem to leave allot of room for the juice. I took the filler out and it is pretty much the fiber fill version of a felt mat. Here's what I did and I would like your opinion. I cut off one top corner at an angle and stuffed it home. It filled with liquid quicker but I still had to reload allot. After a little frustration I took the filler out again and trimmed the tinniest amount off the side that I had already I cut at an angle. This worked better but still had to drop pretty frequent. So a couple days later during a deep clean I took the filler cleaned and stretched it out, (fluffed it), trimmed it back to size with the 'quick fill' angle on one of the top corners. Now there is less filler but there seems to be enough to supply the surface tension needed to keep the juice in place and I top off less often. While I have not seen any evidence that the atty is getting flooded I worry that I could be damaging the atomizer. Do any of you think this can hurt my 'Driver in any way?

What you did was basically come up with a cart mod that works for you. :) From what you have described, I don't see anything that would harm your Screwdriver.

I don't think there is much you can do to hurt your atty from a cart rather than maybe burn the fiber on the atty coil. Sounds like a cool mod to me! You might want to try the straw mod shown here.

My dad is a cart mod freak and has done everything including rolling up a piece of model airplane silk covering and stuffing it in the cart. And his attys seem to last forever!

Check on the mod section here and keep on experimenting. If you come up with something cool, add it to the mod section for all of us. Good job!

That kind of is the trick to carts getting just enough of whatever filler to hold the liquid but still have plenty of airspace for the liquid to displace.I have found the best performance to be a very wispy piece that is large enough to fill the cart.The problem is it breaks down in a few days from heat ,but it costs next to nothing to replace.I wonder if anyone makes something like steel wool only out of brass or copper as that would not break down or melt.

That kind of is the trick to carts getting just enough of whatever filler to hold the liquid but still have plenty of airspace for the liquid to displace.I have found the best performance to be a very wispy piece that is large enough to fill the cart.The problem is it breaks down in a few days from heat ,but it costs next to nothing to replace.I wonder if anyone makes something like steel wool only out of brass or copper as that would not break down or melt.

That is a great idea and could be an interesting project. Brass would probably be safer as a filler medium but I need to research how it performs long term and how corrosive PG and VG are to it. :D