What Determines The Color Of E-Liquid?

I have observed that some flavors are darker than others but within one flavor, the color stays the same regardless of the nicotine strength. 24mg Marl looks just like 18mg Marl and 11mg Marl. Yet 0mg Marl is colorless. What the heck is up with this?

Usually the more nicotine the more yellow the liquid will be. However China will add coloring to other flavors, they feel this will give it more of an appealing look. You also have to keep in mind that some of the major liquid factories in China have more than one location, so liquid will have a slightly different look depending on who did the mix.

There is also the heat factor, for example if a supplier isn't storing his liquid correctly, say in a hot room for example, the liquid will have an almost orange look to it. (Tobacco based E Liquids will turn orange in a hot environment)

My liquids change color over time even when the temperature isn't extreme. Not all flavors change the same way. Some go more yellow and some go orangish. And some stay nearly colorless. Many times the flavor seems to develop as the color changes until it stabilizes. I much prefer Caramel that has aged for a week over freshly made Caramel.

My experiences with store bought liquids isn't nearly as extensive. But I have noticed that there is sometimes some color change there as well. Again, the flavor doesn't seem to degrade but rather improves as this happens.

Of course, my experiences and the experience of others may differ! ;)