It Is Water Vapor Right?

OK, so first off let me say that I'm an odd individual and I'm not trying to freak anyone out or anything, I just get weird ideas in my head....Now a short little story on where this idea came from, humor me. I've always had this weird habit that whenever I drink and smoke vape and there happens to be an empty glass in front of me that I'll take a drag but not inhale and slowly blow the smoke vapor into the glass and watch it sit in there (we all have are WTF am I doing this for..... rituals?.... I guess you could call it, anyway....) I did this tonight a few times and would let the vapor sit in the glass as I went about my business and it would eventually disappear but then I noticed something, water. Or something that looked like water building up inside the glass like the condensation on the outside of a glass just on the brink of grouping up enough liquid for a few drops to slide down.... So I started thinking about all the stealth vapors out there, me included, that will hold in the vapor until there's almost none left and it got me thinking....Is this "water" building up in my lungs? Don't you drown if water gets in your lungs? question.gif I know that's a very extreme thing to say and I use it as a very extreme worse case scenario but has anyone else thought about it? Or have I just had tee many martooni's?

I would like someone else to try this little experiment of letting vapor sit in a glass until it dissipates a few times to see, what I'm talking about/ how much "water" there is... detective.gif

Maybe it builds up or maybe it doesn't. Maybe it just gets absorbed by our bodies and disappears.

Is this observation going to keep me from vaping? No. Am I working for a certain 3 letter E-cig hating conspirator? No. Am I a scientist? No, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night so I just thought I'd bring it up to my fellow vapors and get your opinions on the subject. Can't wait to hear from you guys about this, unless someone is going to tell me to shut up, don't talk about it and then make this thread disappear. noexpression.gif lol

We're safe man. Any water vapor that comes through out lungs will be absorbed. You probably laid by a vaporizer when you were a kid with a cold, that didn't hurt anything. Vaping won't either. It's cool.

Yea - I asked this in a thead that was posted about having condensation on your mustache. :) I got the same answer Dave gave, although no doctors chimed it, I was happy with that. :thumbsup:

Yea - I asked this in a thead that was posted about having condensation on your mustache. :) I got the same answer Dave gave, although no doctors chimed it, I was happy with that. :thumbsup:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/4389-got-facial-hair-got-condensation-on-that-facial-hair/page__view__findpost__p__38195

Bottom line is people with asthma inhale medicated steam all the time, under doctor's orders.

The lungs are very good at absorbing fluids.DRs and Paramedics will give a person medicine into the lungs through a breating tube with 10 ml of water and the medicine and the fluid is absorbed very quickly.You probaly inhale more water taking a hot steamy shower the you do vaping,and no one drowns in the shower.

Water is also given off as a byproduct of resperation so some of thet water you see in the glass would be there if you were not vaping.Just breath into the glass with out vaping,it will mist up at first and eventualy some droplets would form.

I am a nuse and I prefer the Motel 8!

LOL thanks for all the input everyone, this was kind of one of those "I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but..." questions. Had to ask, now I know. Thanks again but have "we" figured out if this liquid is water? Or is it just left over PG/VG? anyone feel like chiming in on that one?

LOL thanks for all the input everyone, this was kind of one of those "I'm pretty sure I already know the answer but..." questions. Had to ask, now I know. Thanks again but have "we" figured out if this liquid is water? Or is it just left over PG/VG? anyone feel like chiming in on that one?

I'll chime in, no idea if correct...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glycerol

Glycerol is also produced as a byproduct of refining of cooking and salad oils, and various brands (e.g, NOW) are sold to the retail market as "Pure Vegetable Source" glycerin, 100% pure, which is safe for ingestion.

it's water...The question really is, is the glycerin in your lungs, I believe the answer might be yes, and I think that's okay as well...these are all musing of a madman...VG and PG I believe are very safe