Burning Taste On Week Old Attys

brian1g

Hey guys, I'm having an issue with a couple of my attys. These attys are about a week old and I'm getting a burning taste in them. They have a super easy draw now, when they were new they were not like this. I have blown through them and let them drain overnight, didn't help. Pulled the white fibers out of 1 of them, helped for a couple draws but now its back to burning taste.

I seem to only be getting 2-3 good draws from 3 drips on the atty and then all the juice is gone. I made one of the them a test atty, pulled the white fibers out, boiled it for 10 minutes and let dry (seemed to help but still really easy draws and 3 drips doesn't last long).

I was not letting them drain upside down overnight at first so maybe thats the problem? Basically wondering what could cause an atty to have a burning taste and what is making the draw so easy?

Thanks in advance,

Brian

I think that's weird that the attys suddenly have an easier draw now. Usually, over time the draw gets harder. I'm not sure what's causing this. What model do you have?

After boiling the attys, you will need to "prime" the atty with several drops making sure you hit the bridge. New attys come shipped with "primer" juice already on the atty to prevent it from overheating. Boiling removes this primer juice. So the first time you try using the attys after boiling, the bridge will soak up a lot of the juice and prevent it from reaching the heating coil.

I think that's weird that the attys suddenly have an easier draw now. Usually, over time the draw gets harder. I'm not sure what's causing this. What model do you have?

After boiling the attys, you will need to "prime" the atty with several drops making sure you hit the bridge. New attys come shipped with "primer" juice already on the atty to prevent it from overheating. Boiling removes this primer juice. So the first time you try using the attys after boiling, the bridge will soak up a lot of the juice and prevent it from reaching the heating coil.

Thanks for the reply. I have a 510 and I reprimed after boiling with 4 drops onto the atty. I'm thinking the easy draw is making the atty too hot and burning the juice maybe ? Anyhow, I've been vaping on the boiled atty with threads removed this morning and it seems to be better. Any other ideas why I'm getting such an easy draw?

Thanks for the reply. I have a 510 and I reprimed after boiling with 4 drops onto the atty. I'm thinking the easy draw is making the atty too hot and burning the juice maybe ? Anyhow, I've been vaping on the boiled atty with threads removed this morning and it seems to be better. Any other ideas why I'm getting such an easy draw?

I'm not exactly sure why you would be getting an easier draw. How long have you been using the same cartridge/mouthpiece? I find that sometimes if I'm using one for too long, it will wear out and become loose. I think extra air might possibly be coming in through where the atty and cartridge connect. I like to switch to a new mouthpiece every week or so.

Well, I didn't think to change out the mouthpiece lol. After the boiling, pulling out the filaments, and switching out the mouthpiece things are going much better. Thanks for the advice Vegas, I sure appreciate it.

Also watch for cart fibers getting into the coil they will melt and leave that burnt poly flavor.After they get crusted some and/or get dry between re drips or top offs I taste the old burnt toast flavor.If redripping or topping off doesnt help I clean them or replace it.I get 4-6 weeks out of mine and keep 2 in service at a time for different flavors, one for menthol stuff and one for tobacco flavors...

Well, I didn't think to change out the mouthpiece lol. After the boiling, pulling out the filaments, and switching out the mouthpiece things are going much better. Thanks for the advice Vegas, I sure appreciate it.

You're welcome. Really glad I could help and things are working better for you now. :thumbsup: