Vp Pt Usb Extension - Power Loss?

J0T

If you used a usb extension cable for the VP PT would there be a drop in voltage? What if it was plugged into a wall outlet?

I was thinking about this the other day when I was planning out a custom stand with a built in usb port, unfortunately I don't have the pt yet so I can't test it.

Yes if the cable is long enough you will loose voltage. Another thing to keep in mind is how well the cable is made. We are looking into ordering some extension cables but need to test a few to make sure our customers don't loose any power. :) The better the cable the better the power will remain. I would shoot an email over to Vaprlife and see what Jeso has to say :)

I have one of the extension cables from Indy Vapor Shop. I use it with the ac adapter. There may be power loss but I don't notice it.

I would think as long as you are getting power, and a decent draw off it, then even a little power loss would be acceptable.

I have a few USB extension cables (for jump drives, not a PT) and they will power some of my drives, but not all. I guess it would depend on the power requirements of the device you are plugging into it.

...im not to big on the passthrough idea as im used to not smoking at the computer. From the videos I have seen it reminds me of some type of ignition interlock for your PC ;)

I know nothing about VPs mind you, but with ANY electronics, length and quality of cable is a factor. Computer Networking is a prime example. There is a reason that big companies have several switches along the network path in their buildings. It's not because they can't afford long cable, it's because after a certain length they lose signal.

USB is worse for some reason, it loses signal fast. That's why you don't see many long cables out of the box to your devices.

IS the tape on my glasses showing? :dribble:

I use a puresmoker extenstion cord for my PS passthrough so I can vape while laying in bed. I haven't really noticed a decrease in vapor or throat hit.

1 x 10ft. USB Extention Cable (20AWG Power)

* Gold plated connectors