Cleaned A Couple Attys Today

gary

This is my first time cleaning attys. After reading many posts here is what I did. Got a small saucepan out 5" pot. Cleaned it out by boiling tapwater in it and then wiped out with a paper towel. Next I measured 1 cup of distilled water and 1/4 cup of the CPH mouthwash, brought it to a boil. Took the pot off the stove and placed my 510 and 901 atty in the solution (after blowing them out and letting them sit to drain for 10 minutes). Then I got a wood clothespin and grabbed one of the attys and swished it around for 5-10 seconds in the solution, grabbed the other one and did the same, let them sit for a minute or so and repeat the swishing on each atty. Did this for about 15 minutes. Took them out and set on paper towel. Dumped the solution, rinsed out the pot and filled with about one cup (enough to cover the attys) in distilled water. Bring back to a boil and take off the flame put the attys back in and repeat the procedure of swishing the attys around with the clothespin for 15 minutes again. Remove the attys and wait for them to cool off and blow thru the battery end to remove excess water. Set the attys battery side up on a paper towel for 10 minutes. Then I put them in front of a small space heater 5-6" away on their side about for 20 minutes, bridge side toward the heat. They were ready to go after dropping 4 drops of juice on the bridge and a fresh cart. They are working great. I also cleaned the carts in the hot distilled water after rinsing them under hot water in the sink, they came out like new. Also rinsed my PTB out under hot water and then swished it in the hot distilled water with tweezers and it seems as good as new or better. Also no minty taste from the Crest mouthwash in the attys, I don't know if the mouthwash made any difference in cleaning the burnt juice off the attys diluting it the way I did but this stuff is pretty strong and I could smell it easily in the boiling solution. I think that's about it, if I left something out I'll try to edit the post.

Thanks

WOW...sounds like you were serious about getting those atty's clean.

I've read about using the Crest mouthwash before but haven't tried it.

Also don't know if I would have gone to all the trouble to wash out the tea bag, most people would have just tossed it and gotten a new one. Very frugal.

Glad it worked out and keep us informed how it goes after a day or two.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Seems like you went to great extremes to clean those atty's. I would think using one method would work for you in the future. This would also save you a lot of time instead of going through all of those procedures.

Whatever works for you though, not all methods work for everyone the same.

WOW...sounds like you were serious about getting those atty's clean.

I've read about using the Crest mouthwash before but haven't tried it.

Also don't know if I would have gone to all the trouble to wash out the tea bag, most people would have just tossed it and gotten a new one. Very frugal.

Glad it worked out and keep us informed how it goes after a day or two.

Good luck and happy vaping.

Well it didn't take that long to do really. The only reason I did a second boil in distilled water was to get rid of any minty taste left over by the mouthwash as I've heard of people complaining about this. I suppose I could have just done the boil one time with distilled water. As far as cleaning the tea bag, it was faster to just clean it like that than to make a new one and it came out just like new so why throw it out. I'm going to try and do this every weekend as a general maintenance thing to see how long I can keep these attys working.Thank you for the replies!