Vg/pg - Flavor Cleansing?

J0T

I went to Walmart today and got some Humco Glycerin, made a little mixture with about 10% water and dripped a bit into an atty that I thought was pretty clean. When I puffed on it a bit I got some coffee flavor, which was the last flavor I had used in there, so I'm assuming the straight vg mix reactivated/mixed with some of the flavor residue. I puffed a bit more, added some more vg, puffed a bit more, and now there's no flavor at all. I'm not sure how easy it is to get rid of a coffee flavor because I've been using one atty per flavor, but it seemed like this might be a good way to remove flavor/prime an atty for a new flavor. Of course I might be completely wrong. :D

Someone else said they use PG or Vg to clean atty's I guess the VG is a moisturising agent.If you think about it something has to get left behind when you evaporate liquid with a lot of stuff mixed in.

Jot, there is no way you are completely wrong. Cleaning or changing the flavor of an atty with vg or pg has got to be the best way to do it because those are ingredients you already put in them. I was cleaning my atties with water because I was scared of using chemicals but after getting frustrated with having to wait for them to dry I also came up with the idea of using vg/pg. My idea was to make a device out of two 30 ml bottles. It would look like an hour glass with the atty placed in the middle. My idea was to put vg/pg in one bottle and squeeze it through the atty into the other bottle. I would just do that over and over a few times to wash out the flavoring. I'm glad I procrastinated and never done it because you vaping the flavor out just gave me a better idea. I'm going to put my atty on my VPPT, soak my atty in vg/pg(maybe ten drops), and then burn out the vg/pg. I'm not going to burn it out completely like a dry burn. I will just taste it when almost dry then add more vg/pg if needed. This is kind of a "wet" burn. I bet it will work.

That sounds like it would work pretty good, let me know how it goes.

I can't wait to get a VPPT.................................... some day those circuit boards will arrive and it be available again .

Exactly. When I'm tasting liquid mixes and want to know what the new one really tastes like (:)) I'll vape straight VG until there's no flavor and it's gone dry. Then try the new mix. This works very well to get flavor out but takes a bit of patience sometimes. ;)

I've tried that trick too. Seem to work pretty well.

It's that waiting part that always kills me>>>lol

I've just vaped straight vg...no flavor but lots of vapor.

Keep up the good work.