Was doing so well!!!!!

crabs

Hello all, very nice looking forum here, hope I can make it my home.

I was completely off analogues for a week using my supermini until I started developing pains in my chest (left nipple area) icon_evil.gif . I'm thinking it is caused since I was drawing too hard, too frequently. I'm back on the analogues until this clears up, 901 on the way. I haven't seen this talked about on any ecig forums, is this common?

Oh ya can anyone recommend ecig with very easy draw?

Cheers

I dunno never heard of anyone experiencing anything thing like that from Ecigs the most common "side effect" I've heard of is constant sore throat due to PG allergy... and as far a an e cig with an easy draw I've heard the Janty mini fogger is one of the easiest and smoothest around, in fact I believe parked has his video review of it posted here in the vid review section.

Hey crabs,

Actually I have heard of this before. It may be a reaction to the Propylene Glycol however I'm not a medical doctor and can only assume. You may want to have a look at http://www.johnsoncreeksmokejuice.com/ They offer all their smoke Juice in an optional none PG formula. Perhaps you can try that out and see how things go. It could also be that your lungs are cleaning themselves out from all the years of smoking cigarettes. But then again that is purely speculation. Are you coughing more than normal? Perhaps this is causing chest pains. Either keep a close eye on it. Be sure to see your doctor if it worsens in any way!

There is a gentleman that frequents E-Cig forums named Tropical Bob that I doubt has found this website as of yet. He is a Medical Doctor who is well educated in the ways of Electronic Smoking. I'll try and track him down on the web and shoot him an email to respond here.

Yeah I was going to try the non-PG JC stuff but was waiting this pain out hoping it would go away. I've been back on analogues the last 3 days and its still there, although not as bad as it was. Been doing some reading and am thinking its some type of muscle strain in the chest wall from drawing too hard on the e-cig I was using, however just a guess so far. I haven't been coughing up anything even when I switched to e-cigs exclusively for a week. So for now I guess I'll just stick to the toxic crap until it clears up (ha that makes sense!). Cheers Christopher.

Hmmm Well the Janty Mini Fogger is supposed to have a much better draw than the PeeWee/Super Mini

Just out of curiosity what MG strength of nicotine where you using, it could be that you where using?

UPDATE: I was able to track the Tropical Bob down and I have no doubt he will be able to shed some light on your issues. I just sent him an email and I hope he posts here soon.

First, I'm a writer, not a doctor, but health issues were one of my "beats" for years. I've corresponded with the world's top researchers on e-smoking, so I guess if anyone can hazard an educated guess, it's me. But here's a problem.

If a new condition appears soon after a new practice is started, then it's easy to blame the new practice -- even when there is no cause and effect. Some new e-smokers come down with colds, for instance. No relationship. Coincidence of time. That's all it is. But they might blame e-smoking. Wrong.

Your pain is probably an injury to the muscle. That doesn't mean it IS, but you're almost unique among the thousands who e-smoke. A few have reported LUNG pain, but not chest wall pain.

There are three other possible explanations:

1. Nicotine does cause a brief paralysis to airway muscles. That causes a gasp for air, or even a cough to relax the muscles. This seems unlikely in your case, but lower nicotine might help.

2. You are allergic to propylene glycol. Again, not likely. If you are, you can order liquids that uses vegetable glycerine instead of propylene glycol.

3. Propylene glycol breaks down in your body to lactic acid, the same stuff created by tired muscles. It circulates in your blood and can create a "sore muscles" feeling or even joint pains in some.

Unless the pain is debilitating, you can just experiment with not e-smoking, or e-smoking lower nicotine liquid, and see if it goes away. If it's a muscle strain of some kind, it should disappear on its own in a short time.

3. Propylene glycol breaks down in your body to lactic acid, the same stuff created by tired muscles. It circulates in your blood and can create a "sore muscles" feeling or even joint pains in some.

I'm new to E Smoking and I really want to try this! Does this happen with a lot of people? Have people turned out sick after smoking this chemical? icon_eek.gif

No all of the "side effects" of Esmoking are very rare Propylene glycol is considered generally food safe by the FDA and is used in lots of frozen foods as either a preservative or to keep the food moist I forget which.

Cheers Christoper and Bob for your insight. I'll keep on the regs until this clears up then experiment again with e-cigs.

I don't want to scare off any potential e-smokers, being as I did search for these symptoms before posting, this is indeed a very rare case which may not even be related to e-smoking. The benefits of e-smoking far out way the practice of smoking regs for the vast majority of people.

Looking forward to e-ciggin again...I've got 2 charged batteries just staring at me...driving me crazy icon_exclaim.gif

@ AGS this is a rare case I've been smoking my E-Cig for a while now and havn't had any issues at all. Sometimes I'll get a little bit of a dry throat but a glass of water will usually fix that. We've all had the same issue after a night of drinking and smoking analogs have we not?

@ Crabs it's really to bad this didn't work out for you. I really do think you should give the Johnsons Smoke Juice a try. I think I may order some just to see what it's like to smoke juice without the PG. Plus Peach Cobler sounds good. They where known for clogging up atomizers but after a recent re-do of their juice and a review from Leaford over on Youtube everything seems to be fine now.

Crabs,

I have the super mini as well and do not have any problems with the drag being "tough" like drinking a thick shake. A friend of mine however did run into a similar situation and was even getting headaches from sucking on it soo hard. So we simply cleaned out the atomiser real well by running warm water through it while occasionally blowing through the back end. When cleaing the atomiser we found out that it was very dirty and clogged which caused the problem. After giving his atomiser proper time to dry we re-used it and he hasn't had the problem since. In fact he is actually stocked again and smoking the thing like he's a chimney. I would suggest buying or trying a new atomiser and seeing if the problem is still there.

That reminds me another problem you could have run into is a slight problem with the switch in the battery which allows the battery to know when you are inhaling and tells the battery to supply power to the atomiser. If this is the case check out the area of the forums titled Help! It Broke and try going through the steps that Chris and I, Roola3, have both posted there.

I am confident that by doing one if not both of these things you will no longer have this problem.

Let us know how it goes though.

Christopher, I'll give the JC juice a try sometime. Just an update, I decided to go to emergency last night and get checked out. They did an EKG and chest x-ray just to be safe and all was "pristine". They really couldn't come up with an explanation except that the nicotine level may be too high, not buying that though. I still think I was drawing too hard and too frequently, probably in combination with stress which may have caused this. The chest pains are gone now so all is well. Just got my 901b starter kit in and have tried it out. The draw on this is similar to the supermini I was using so I'll probably pick up a dura or minifogger when I can afford it.

Roola, thanks for your suggestions, I've tried the cleaning similar to you but I didn't notice much difference. I've got another atomizer coming any day now but I don't think I'll even bother trying, will just pickup a lighter drawing e-cig. Already spent close to $300 just experimenting so far, hopefully my last choice will suit me haha_32.png

Cheers

I would say similar amount of vapor to the supermini (only slightly more), but definitely much more throat hit. The only thing I'm not liking is the draw, I'd now say its a harder draw than the super. Even just drawing on a mouthpiece (with no cart) while its not attached to the atomizer takes quite the effort. Guessing its due to the plastic piece the cart sits on, which is quite an obstruction. Overall, not digging it much.

Wow I'm surprised especially since I hear quite often that the DES901 is "so great"

I have to say I own a PeeWee and I often hear that "it doesn't produce enough smoke" etc but as you can see from my video review I have one smoking PeeWee. Thanks for the post

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm new to E Smoking and I really want to try this! Does this happen with a lot of people? Have people turned out sick after smoking this chemical? <!-- s:shock: --><!-- s:shock: -->

With anything people can find an allergy, but most commonly from what I have seen it isn't a common occurrence.