Study: E-Cigarettes No Better Than Puffing On Unlit Cigarette.

jmhester

I am glad to see that we got through to one of these so called reporters. I haven't seen anyone apologize for what they wrote.

But, reading this article made my eyes go crazy. Every time I looked back up at the TV, I saw white and black lines. Most sites that are like this after readings a couple lines I move on, but I just had to check out the comments.

I didn't post anything when I first read his article the other day, but upon seeing that he's changing his tune and listening a little, decided to post this tonight. A bunch of stuff sort of poured out that I haven't brought up since I started vaping, and it was actually pretty cool to take a little look back after a couple months, and think about how my life has changed.

Well Mike, I have to apologize. I called you a hack on VaporTalk.com after reading your original article (sorry) and now you seem to be a pretty fair and reasonable guy. I am glad to see you admit that you should have done more research. It takes a big person to admit they made a mistake. I started vaping around Thanksgiving and haven't had an analog (tobacco cigarette) since November 30.

I think the thing you really need to focus on now, being a non-smoker, is how passionate and excited the smoking community is about e-cigs. We have been enduring mounting public scorn for many years. I have experienced mothers, hiding their child's face from me as I walked down the street smoking. I was asked to move in a theater, because a lady complained about the smell of my jacket. I have been routinely turned from a common filthy smoker, into a lowly litterbug by institutions who won't even pay to put an ashtray near the entrance of their building. And equally often, embarrassed myself and my non-smoking wife by carrying a stubbed out butt inside to ask where a garbage can is. (Honestly, I tried not to just throw my butts anywhere.)

Many of us now see e-cigarettes as a way to replace something that even we readily admit is a filthy habit, with something not nearly as dangerous for us, and no where near as offensive to others. We just want to maintain our little nicotine habit and not bother anyone, and in return, not be bothered. We'll live with the risks associated with the nicotine, and whatever else. I think I speak for many an ex-smoker, when I say, a little diethylene glycol? Jeez, Mike, I used to put a paper cylinder full of tobacco in my mouth, LIGHT IT ON FIRE, and suck the smoke into my lungs! I'm happy I found vaping, and I'm glad you're taking the time to learn something about it.

Thanks

John

• 2 weeks later...