Which 5V Mod And Why?

I'm not alone among my little circle of friends, coming into the market for a 5V mod. I know it's inevitable, just a question of what and to a lesser extent, when. I wonder what you all suggest along those lines, and importantly, why? I'm interested in something that should last for years rather than months, and while "price" is obviously a serious consideration, I understand "value." Also, please offer links to reviews and videos where possible.

Thanks!

Edited by ddavelarsen

I'm not alone among my little circle of friends, coming into the market for a 5V mod. I know it's inevitable, just a question of what and to a lesser extent, when. I wonder what you all suggest along those lines, and importantly, why? I'm interested in something that should last for years rather than months, and while "price" is obviously a serious consideration, I understand "value." Also, please offer links to reviews and videos where possible.

Thanks!

I've got my heart set on the Suer-Six as soon as I can afford it. I'd like to talk to the guy first and see if it can be painted matte black. I mean a really good long lasting paint job. Being a mechanical unit, maybe I could I take it to a paint shop and have it baked or something.

http://www.supertmanufacturing.com/id70.html

This is the only video I've found so far.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrBAW3W4cP4&feature=related

It's a bit pricey but has a 3 year warranty and looks like it'll last for ever.

Button's on the end so you use your little finger to activate.

I thought I saw another video showing someone using it, but can't find it now. :detective:

Here's a few I've been looking at:

Prodigy

Chuck

Indulgence This one is from eastmall and they are closed for the Chinese New Year so they don't have the product description up yet.

I wish more than anything Jeso would start selling the Joker. That would be my first choice, but I'm tired of waiting...

Thanks jm, I've looked at those too. Have you heard anything about the Prodigy's button issues having been resolved? Seems like I did hear that but ... with my little mind I'm never sure of anything. I like the chuck and it's been on my favorites list for a long time (in vape years) but that little button sticking up like that just concerns me. I know how I am with me and my pockets. ;) Still, it's a contender.

I've got my heart set on the Suer-Six as soon as I can afford it. I'd like to talk to the guy first and see if it can be painted matte black. I mean a really good long lasting paint job. Being a mechanical unit, maybe I could I take it to a paint shop and have it baked or something.

http://www.supertman...g.com/id70.html

This is the only video I've found so far.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

It's a bit pricey but has a 3 year warranty and looks like it'll last for ever.

Button's on the end so you use your little finger to activate.

I thought I saw another video showing someone using it, but can't find it now. detective.gif

Ray, I think the paint solution isn't paint, but powder coating. I think that's what Thag does with the chuck, and powder coating is a very hardy finish. I wouldn't have a PV that was "painted" with anything but that. Just my opinion.

I really like the Super Six too; it's probably my first choice right now but boy it's pricey. When I start thinking about that much money, then the GG and an AFS come to mind. For just another hundred bucks (!) you could have the ultimate ultimate mod. I think Super Six probably has the most fool-proof design of any I've seen though. I like it. The only thing is I don't know how much I'd like the button on the end like that. It all depends I guess on how much pressure it takes to depress it. If not much, then I'd have to worry about it going off in my shirt pocket; if too much then I'd get tired of pressing it with the side of my finger. Sigh.

This is good stuff. I know there's no way I'll ever figure out which one 5/6V mod would be perfect for me. But surely there is one! Surely. Well, I'll keep saving my coins. Thanks! Please keep the ideas coming folks.

wow they worked. Those 2 sites should give you something to think about. I decided on the 5v GLV but i would have went with the super6 if the wait wasnt so long. I am thinking about a detonator to, oh ya and i am going to get a shotgun if the maker get's back to me and also start building my own 5v. All of this 5v shopping spree was started the day i tried my VP/PT if anyone doesnt have one of those that is the best place to start 5v IMO.

I decided on the 5v GLV but i would have went with the super6 if the wait wasnt so long.

I will be interested to know how you like the 5v GLV. Grimm Green gave a really good review about the GLV. I have been looking at that mod for awhile. How long will you have to wait for you the order?

i ordered it on the weekend and he said it was shipping this week. On his site is still

say's processing but he just might not have updated that so far. All he has are the

polished ones but i heard that he has matte black to if you request it.

i will give a review of the unit once i recieve it, most of my review's are done in the chat room though lol

Edited by luck

I've been watching this thread with interest because I think I'm wanting one, too. I just love the 5v I get with my VP/PT and want that in a portable unit, too. I'm just being cautious right now. Since I don't have one, I can't really recommend anything, but I was wondering if I could add to the discussion by asking if anyone knows anything about the copper. I watched Grimm Green's video review of it and I am very interested in it, but nothing much more about it than what is in that video. Does anyone here know anything else about it?

I'm also looking for a 5 volt mod to use before the Joker is ready but I will not buy one that is dangerous. I will not help a company that sells pipe bombs become more successful because us vapers already have enough problems keeping e-cigs from being banned without people getting blown up and I'm too pretty to get blown up. I will not buy one unless I can hold it while a battery is exploding without getting injured. I rather carry around some battery pack for my VPPT than take the chance of having to crawl around looking for my fingers with only one eye. Does a safe 5 volt mod exist?

Well, it looks like I'm adding the GLV to my list of possibles. Thanks luck! I dig Grimm Green's reviews, the guy has so much good energy he makes me smile. :)

Schizo I missed you! Good to see you're back. You have a good point, any device needs vent holes - and good ones that point away from all your parts!

Don't forget about the Xhaler. It's vented at the bottom (the bottom is basically open) so any pressure would shoot out that way. Pretty safe idea I think. I have one and I'm pretty pleased with it. It uses 2 - RCR123 3.0V batteries and vapes at 6V but I think it's really closer to 5V unregulated.

i ordered it on the weekend and he said it was shipping this week. On his site is still

say's processing but he just might not have updated that so far. All he has are the

polished ones but i heard that he has matte black to if you request it.

i will give a review of the unit once i recieve it, most of my review's are done in the chat room though lol

Thanks for the reply. It was nice chatting with you in chat. Let me know how this mod works out for you.

Sorry. I've been spending more time with the woman. Her birthday was yesterday. I also got the complete series of Firefly and been watching that. Anyway, could one make vent holes?

Schizo! Another Firefly brother! Had you seen it before? Have you seen Serenity?

I'm sure one could make holes in anything. ;) Well, pretty much anything.

Edit: Oh, tell your lady Happy Birthday from Vapor Talk! thumbsup.gif

Edited by ddavelarsen

Thanks jm, I've looked at those too. Have you heard anything about the Prodigy's button issues having been resolved? Seems like I did hear that but ... with my little mind I'm never sure of anything. I like the chuck and it's been on my favorites list for a long time (in vape years) but that little button sticking up like that just concerns me. I know how I am with me and my pockets. ;) Still, it's a contender.

Ray, I think the paint solution isn't paint, but powder coating. I think that's what Thag does with the chuck, and powder coating is a very hardy finish. I wouldn't have a PV that was "painted" with anything but that. Just my opinion.

I really like the Super Six too; it's probably my first choice right now but boy it's pricey. When I start thinking about that much money, then the GG and an AFS come to mind. For just another hundred bucks (!) you could have the ultimate ultimate mod. I think Super Six probably has the most fool-proof design of any I've seen though. I like it. The only thing is I don't know how much I'd like the button on the end like that. It all depends I guess on how much pressure it takes to depress it. If not much, then I'd have to worry about it going off in my shirt pocket; if too much then I'd get tired of pressing it with the side of my finger. Sigh.

This is good stuff. I know there's no way I'll ever figure out which one 5/6V mod would be perfect for me. But surely there is one! Surely. Well, I'll keep saving my coins. Thanks! Please keep the ideas coming folks.

THANKS Dave. Powder coating is EXACTLY what I was thinking of,(Black) just couldn't remember the term. Read on the site I think, that the switch is presure adjustable and also lockable(is that a real word?). Looked at the GG and it reminds me of a pipe I made in the 70's for some reason. Never seen the AFS(Curious). I'm shooting for the Six first(I need to stay focused or I'll wind up buying everything at once and land in debters prison,then they'll take all my units away) :hrhr:

Edited by Ray