Great Flavor Ideas

Mike

I think I've read every topic and all the replies in DIY E-Liquid Forum. I have been mixing with a PG/VG mix. I've also been mixing and modifying store bought juice. I found by adding butterscotch to any tobacco flavor works great. Even better is to add 75% butterscotch + 25% pinapple flaver combo to your tobacco juice. These are CK Products, they seem to work well. So do thier nut flavors but they are strong so don't use too much. Loranne has a bubble gum I like to make 0mg juice. Also good is Loranne brandy and butter rum. I've also made my own tobacco juice. I just read in another post where you can boil tobacco in water and boil it down to usable state. I'll have to try this. What I did was put a good pinch of pipe tobacco into a pyramid T-bag and put it in a glass pudding dish and put just enough VG to cover over it(about 25ml). Then put that in a pan of water and let it come to a boil(kinda like a double boiler). I let it boil for 15 minutes and the flavor went directly to the VG. I got a strong tobacco flavor and probably not much nic. After some 100mg PG I already had some good juice. I usually make high nic, medium nic or 0 nic. I'd like to know if anyone else found some flavors that work well together with or without tobacco, with or without nic. and also if citric acid and/or everclear should be used. I've tried lemon juice and stong vodka. It helped to thin it out and maybe enhance the flavors but no noticible improvement on the throught hit. I'm also looking for a nutty flavor combo(no tobacco) that will be topps. I mixed black walnut, almond and pecan and it was pretty good but to strong. If anyone has a nut recipie or any other that they think is really good, please share.

Mike I'm really looking forward to the responses on this thread. I'm afraid I'm far too much a newbie on this subject to be of any assistance but this is going to be one of those that feeds my needs. ;) So I'll just be lurking.

I am a newbie too but I learn fast. I've been vaping since early Dec. and havn't smoked since Dec 30th. I've found that most flavors are novilty flavors that one might like once in a while. Others are good for all day or all night. My list is Dulcis, Midnight, Tobacco, French Pipe, RY4 and variations and modifications of these. I made a homemade French Pipe that is really good. I'd like to know how other people make good juice. How does VT give Dulcic and Midnight that "kick" at only 24mg? Mabey because they use more PG than I use, I don't know. Any additional info would be helpfull and appreciated by us newbies. :alien:

Pistachio is a great one as well, I agree Butter Rum is a def great flavor to add to things.. I made some Apple/Cinnamon yesterday that on the inhale you could taste Apple and on Exhale you could taste the Cinnamon..

I myself have been trying to mix up new things,

Mint Chocolate Chip is great vape as well it is a must to try.

Alexander

Pistachio is a great one as well, I agree Butter Rum is a def great flavor to add to things.. I made some Apple/Cinnamon yesterday that on the inhale you could taste Apple and on Exhale you could taste the Cinnamon..

I myself have been trying to mix up new things,

Mint Chocolate Chip is great vape as well it is a must to try.

Alexander

I think I just invented Chow Mein juice.

Had several bottles with just a bit left and dumped them all into one and got about 3mls. A little RY4,cuban cigar,some tobacco flavor that reminded me of pina colada and some butter rum for flavor.

Been vaping it all day and I'm actually kinda likin it :lol:

I think I just invented Chow Mein juice.

Had several bottles with just a bit left and dumped them all into one and got about 3mls. A little RY4,cuban cigar,some tobacco flavor that reminded me of pina colada and some butter rum for flavor.

Been vaping it all day and I'm actually kinda likin it :lol:

I always wondered what taste I would get if I mixed all my juices together. If it were colors of paint I would get brown. I'm afraid all flavors together might make sh#t. After all sh*t is usually brown. But if it tastes like chinese I might try it. But seriously, there must be some simple recipes that are worthy to be called good all day vapes. I made one using just butter rum and a little extra artificial butter + PG/VG base. Simple and tasty. All day... mabey not, but still a keeper.

Dang, Mike :( I thought my flavor was unique!! I made some great Mellow Sunset tobacco flavor with just a bit of butterscotch in it along with some 24mg PG and about 1/4 bottle of VG. I really like this mixture and so far I've been vaping it as an all day vape for the past week. I've been liking some juicy fruit gum flavor that I mixed for evenings. I haven't tried using any alcoholic beverage or any citric acid in anything. I did find that I could actually vape straight VG with flavor without nic and without any other additive just fine! I also really like the Cuban tobacco flavor with the butterscotch.

I am a noob at this and have no idea what I'm doing but it's fun :> I just have a bunch of 24mg nic unflavored PG, about 16oz of VG and a ton of flavors that I'm messing with at the moment.

Can someone suggest where to buy tobacco flavorings? Can't remember having seen them anywhere...

Thanks!

Dave, I've been looking for tobacco flavorings too. All I could come up with is a product that enhances tobacco flavor for spray-on use for real tobacco. I don't want to try that, it may not be suitable to vape. I am trying to make artificial tobacco flavor using different nut and other flavors. No luck yet. This is what I did do and it works well: I but a good pinch of pipe/cigar tobacco into a tea bag and put it in a very small pot and covered it over with VG; about 30ml. Put it on medium heat for about 20 min until you start to see some color in it. When it cools down just at nic., and water or EC and mabey some additional flavor. This has worked well for me. I have tried to extract the tobacco using just water but I think using VG works better. I've also tried both ways without the t bag and strained it after. That works fine. VG has a higher boiling point than h2o but it is not nescesary to boil it. I get good tobacco flavor doing this but watch out for what kind you use. Alot of tobacco is dipped or sprayed with stuff that may not be healthy to vape(or smoke!)

Dave, I've been looking for tobacco flavorings too. All I could come up with is a product that enhances tobacco flavor for spray-on use for real tobacco. I don't want to try that, it may not be suitable to vape. I am trying to make artificial tobacco flavor using different nut and other flavors. No luck yet. This is what I did do and it works well: I but a good pinch of pipe/cigar tobacco into a tea bag and put it in a very small pot and covered it over with VG; about 30ml. Put it on medium heat for about 20 min until you start to see some color in it. When it cools down just at nic., and water or EC and mabey some additional flavor. This has worked well for me. I have tried to extract the tobacco using just water but I think using VG works better. I've also tried both ways without the t bag and strained it after. That works fine. VG has a higher boiling point than h2o but it is not nescesary to boil it. I get good tobacco flavor doing this but watch out for what kind you use. Alot of tobacco is dipped or sprayed with stuff that may not be healthy to vape(or smoke!)

I find that extracting my own tobacco flavor gives me a slightly "swampy" taste. This is why I put a little pinapple in to sweeten it up and/or butterscotch to smoth it over. I would like to distance myself from tobacco all together that is why I created this topic. I also enjoy flavs like Midnight, Grape Soda, Dulcis, Coffee+Klur just to name a few but I still have a strong urge for tobacco flavors. I'm hoping to find or create something that would keep my mind away from Tobacco.

Thanks Mike! I'll give the VG idea a try. Maybe to get more intense flavor, just use the VG that squeezes out of the tea bag... I vape mostly fruity stuff, and once in a while come back to my fave 555 for a change. I love that stuff! Maybe adding a bit of nutty flavor to the tobacco extract would get close.

So many experiments, so little time! :D

My Tobacco flavors are pretty good. I made 2 different ones and like them both. I always go back and forth from my juice to Dulcis or Midnight but I've been out of Dulcis for over a week and I'm down to the last couple of drops of Midnight. To make matters worse, I'm all out of unflaverd Hi-mg juice. Looks like it's time to make an order. I still have a box full of misc. flavors that I think are crappy to say the least. Mabey I'll mix them all together and try for great new flavor.

I have a boxful of flavors that didn't work out too. That must be one of the costs of starting vaping. It's also one of the reasons I think mixing my own is going to be so swell; I've learned at least some of what I like so can keep that going pretty inexpensively, and as I build up more flavor inventory will be able to do some serious experimenting. Who knows, maybe someday I'll stumble on the next Midnight... ;)

As for mixing them all together - well, why not? Unless they're maybe tradable? You might find something to trade for that you really like.

And man, you don't want to get down the the last two drops of anything!!! Yikes! That's living on the edge, man. :)