Uk Govt Ban On E-Cigs?

Below is the text from an email my brother received from TW. Hopefully some of you will have gotten it too, but I didn't want to wait to put this out here. I Strongly Advise that each and every one of us write the suggested letter. We are going to have to defend our chosen lifeway at every turn, and not just in the US - but worldwide. So let's keep this rolling. Thanks.

"This Legislation will not directly affect the USA market, it will however impact TOTALLY WICKED and all British and European Users. It will also strengthen if passed, the FDAS hand in the USA.

Below is the Newsletter sent to all UK customers. I urge you to act for your Fellow Vapers in the UK and do exactly the same..Let the MHRA know that you as a citizen of the world are horrified by their stance...Your help is appreciated.

Jason Cropper

AKA.Pillbox38

The E-NI/E.Cig Market is under direct threat from government legislation that would make the Selling of nicotine containing products illegal.

HOW WILL THIS LEGISLATION, IF PASSED AFFECT YOU!

1. As from the 21st June 2010 all selling of un-licensed nicotine products (E.liquids, Pre Filled Cartridges Containing Nicotine) will be banned. Companies such as Totally Wicked and TECC would be shut down by Trading Standards.

2. It will leave you with no other option but to either start smoking again, go cold turkey or buy risky nicotine products from overseas.

WHAT YOU CAN DO?

There are a number of pro-active steps you AS AN INDIVIDUAL can take.. Please do not let apathy overtake you…We aren’t.

1. Write a full Testimony in long hand of how E-Nis/E.Cigs have helped you, The health benefits, the Emotional Benefits, Benefits to your family and friends, the cost savings. In this testimony highlight the effect this ban would have on YOUR life. Be accurate, forthright and rationale. Upload and then Email a signed and dated copy to accounts@theelectroniccigarette.co.uk
  2. Send a hardcopy via recorder delivery letter to Amanda Bryan, MHRA, Room 14-212, Market Towers, 1 Nine Elms Lane, London, SW8 5NQ
  3. Sign this online petition and add your comments. http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/keep-life-saving-electronic-cigarettes-available
  4. Respond directly to the MHRA via their response to MLX 364 online form
  1. Contact your MP and GP, let them know how this ban will impact your health and your life.

Remember your voice is important, we cannot allow this legislation to be passed. It is destructive and ill thought out.

ACT NOW AND DEFEND YOUR RIGHTS.

fb885991613b9b0f91b09f27462104c8.gif

Disclaimer: “News articles published on our website are not necessarily the views of be Pillbox 38 (USA) Ltd and are not responsible for any actions taken from use of this information. These news articles are excerpts from news agencies around the world who have freely distributed this content throughout the Internet. We will supply the source of this information upon application and consider deletion upon request.”"

Interesting thought man. My brother is not a forum kinda guy so I don't think we'll ever see him here, but he does do his homework. Text from a recent email from him follows. I haven't yet read the proposed law myself but I think I'm going to have to.

'This is what the push for regulation of ecigs is all about: "There would also be a challenge to ensure that we capture within regulation nicotine containing products without impacting on tobacco products." From paragraph 17 of the British Consultation Letter.'

Edited by ddavelarsen