Is My Math Screwed Up?

I used to smoke 2 packs (25) per day. they were 1.8 mg of nic so i got 90 mg of nic per day. Now I vape 24mg per ml and a 5 ml bottle will last me 1 week so I am getting 120 mg of nic per week or 17.14 mg per day. If my math is correct this is awesome. If I can figure this out why can't our gov't?????? If my math is wrong someone please correct me.

Nope your math is correct and our government is...well our government. ;)

Sweeeeet!!

I must admit, though, that my 10ml per week has officially approached 20ml since recieving the Dulcis and TT. Good stuff! I especiallly like to drop a few drops of D, then a few of TT, then repeat until cart is full. Grand! Even so, that sure beats 2&1/2 paks a day ...even though I can't do the math lol.

nope,you should have not skipped math classes to smoke analogs, but some people don't seem to realize that you can't just look at cost, or amount of nic. , or number of cigarettes, versus how much you vape, to determine if you should stop smoking. vaping is the solution for so many of us it would be a shame if "they" tried to put roadblocks in the way.

nope,you should have not skipped math classes to smoke analogs, but some people don't seem to realize that you can't just look at cost, or amount of nic. , or number of cigarettes, versus how much you vape, to determine if you should stop smoking. vaping is the solution for so many of us it would be a shame if "they" tried to put roadblocks in the way.

Excellent point, speakeasy has some very convincing numbers that nicotine in and of itself is perhaps not very long lasting and possibly does not present any serious health effects. My point has always been I can't believe we used to set something on fire then breath in the smoke...ON PURPOSE!!!

Excellent point, speakeasy has some very convincing numbers that nicotine in and of itself is perhaps not very long lasting and possibly does not present any serious health effects. My point has always been I can't believe we used to set something on fire then breath in the smoke...ON PURPOSE!!!

Well, I never thought of it that way, FTJoe, but now that you mention it...what were we thinking? That really makes an awful lot of people sound very stupid when it's put that way. Yikes!!!

Well, I never thought of it that way, FTJoe, but now that you mention it...what were we thinking? That really makes an awful lot of people sound very stupid when it's put that way. Yikes!!!

I can't speak for anyone else but that's exactly how I felt once it was put that way to me. And there are plenty of studies on smoke inhalation and how bad it is, particulates, carbon monoxide, etc. But that is legal along with the carcinogens and toxins the cig companies put in, yet the FDA wants to ban inhaling a vapor...

I know, I'm preaching to the choir...frustrating though

It sure is frustrating, Joe. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the FDA and this one, too. It leads me down one road and one road only, which is MONEY. As it stands, the gov't makes no money from VP's...and that's the issue. But, the fact that "they" would rather we smoke actual cigarettes just totally ticks me off.

It sure is frustrating, Joe. I'm having trouble wrapping my mind around the FDA and this one, too. It leads me down one road and one road only, which is MONEY. As it stands, the gov't makes no money from VP's...and that's the issue. But, the fact that "they" would rather we smoke actual cigarettes just totally ticks me off.

Add to this the on-going discussion of "The Health Bill" that "they" are trying to pass. Now lets see spend more of my tax dollars on smokers..... or less of my tax dollars on Vapers....... :wallbash:

You are correct Michelle, the only reason the fda wants to block this is because the e-cig industry will become HUGE, bigger than tobacco and they want their cut..... :veryangry:

I think it may have something to do with all the lobbtist running around with their "donations" and handing out $$$$$$ like it was candy on halloween.

I think it may have something to do with all the lobbtist running around with their "donations" and handing out $$$$$$ like it was candy on halloween.

That's a very jaded way of looking at things. I am SURE our politicians are above that ad are more concerned about our rights and health.

(I'm sorry, I just threw up a little). ;-)

That's a very jaded way of looking at things. I am SURE our politicians are above that ad are more concerned about our rights and health.

(I'm sorry, I just threw up a little). ;-)

What, FTJoe, a cynic? Now I know the sky is falling!!! :D

You don't have to believe me on this one, but -- I can state with reasonable authority that 98.6% of politicians have only one 'special interest' in mind at any given time: Their Own.

Bureaucrats like the FDA now... That surely is a different story. I'm sure the FDA has all of our very best interests at heart. No, really. I mean -- the only studies of the effects of PG vapor that have been made are by the makers of e cigs -- there are no truly objective studies like those big pharma and big tobacco have provided to the FDA about their own products.

Oh wait - you mean big pharma and big tobacco PAY THE FDA to send them those oh-so-objective studies?

Who'd have thought?! Say it isn't so!