Attention Utah Vapers!

ElectroNicStix

http://utahpolicy.com/bills/2010/hb/71

http://www.standard.net/topics/drugs/2010/01/30/bills-would-regulate-smokeless-nicotine-products

UTAH VAPERS! Yes you! My customers!! Please help! They are trying to BAN e-Cigs!

What i need from you is to contact me! Get me your story! Tell me how e-cigs have changed your life! We need your help of e-cigs are going to get banned for sale in Utah! Please Get Involved! I would love to have myself, the folks from whitecloud and a bunch of my customers come out against the bill!

Jason

Jason, I tried to read through your links before leaving for work (which I'm doing soon) and don't see this as a huge threat. If I read this all right, and I seem to be supported by the article in the second link, they just want to ban e-cig sales to minors. The other bill is to ban the "other" flavored nicotine delivery devices, which I take to mean other than e-cigs, like the lollipops and stuff. Am I missing something?

Jason, I tried to read through your links before leaving for work (which I'm doing soon) and don't see this as a huge threat. If I read this all right, and I seem to be supported by the article in the second link, they just want to ban e-cig sales to minors. The other bill is to ban the "other" flavored nicotine delivery devices, which I take to mean other than e-cigs, like the lollipops and stuff. Am I missing something?

Jason that's what i was getting out of the article as well. Have i missed something? I don't live in Utah but as i buy 90% of my "stuff" from you, and promote the heck out of your site, I'm willing to help if you want it. But to be honest I'd rather see more legislature like this - No selling to minors - as i think that would help our cause in the long run. The rep even stated that "'The intent of the bill is not to restrict adult behavior," said Menlove." Help me read this correctly if i'm missing it, and if you need it i'll send you my story!

What I understood from the second link is that e cigs were included in the language for the ban bill more or less by mistake. Sure. We can't afford not to stand up and support this cause every time it comes before any legislature. So even if e cigs are not under immediate threat of a ban, we will be doing all vapers a favor by speaking out. And I'm sure okay with establishing a legal age for e cig sales. That should help to rein in the unscrupulous sellers who wouldn't otherwise care whether they're selling to a child.

I hate my state... scratch that, its a nice place if it weren't so full of religious fanatics with a disturbing amount of control over state policy. I'll be glad to send you my story if it can help. I hope the fears are unfounded, but we need some good press.