Dedicated Atomizers

Michelle

Contact the supplier. If it died that fast they may send you a replacement. Did it stop woking completely, or just not working good? Does it still get hot at all?

It seems dead. No heat, no sizzle. I let it drain overnight and it's still dead. My trouble is, I bought the Spade from VT and 510's from another supplier and, I'm not sure which PV this atomizer came with to contact the right place. I'm not sure how to tell them apart...suggestions? :help:

It seems dead. No heat, no sizzle. I let it drain overnight and it's still dead. My trouble is, I bought the Spade from VT and 510's from another supplier and, I'm not sure which PV this atomizer came with to contact the right place. I'm not sure how to tell them apart...suggestions? :help:

The Spade used to come with the gold band Janty atty and it had "Janty" engraved in the band. If you've got all black atty's, I doubt you'll be able to tell them apart. Sorry.

The Spade used to come with the gold band Janty atty and it had "Janty" engraved in the band. If you've got all black atty's, I doubt you'll be able to tell them apart. Sorry.

Interesting. None of mine have a gold band with Janty engraved on them...they are all black. Guess I'll just eat this one. I'll have to mark them in the future so I know where they came from. I figured I was SOL on this one. Thanks for the help.

I used to use only 2 attys at a time and knew where each came from. I kept the unused separate so I knew where they came from. Now I'm rotating between 4 attys, so I have no idea where each came from. It gets too hard to keep them apart. I guess it's something to think about. I stocked up, so now I have 12 attys, but if a few of them quit that soon, I could be in trouble.

Brian...I've still been wondering about this. Are the Janty attys better than the Joye 510s? Wonder why they no longer come with them. The picture of the Spade in the VP store shows the gold band Janty.

My atty started working again for some odd reason, btw. Guess it just needed a rest. ;)

Brian...I've still been wondering about this. Are the Janty attys better than the Joye 510s? Wonder why they no longer come with them. The picture of the Spade in the VP store shows the gold band Janty.

My atty started working again for some odd reason, btw. Guess it just needed a rest. ;)

Popular opinion is that they are about the same, but the Janty costs about $6 more. Kinda high priced, but apparently it comes with a 6 month warranty from Janty. I had become convinced that my Janty was working better than any of my other atty's, but that was just before it died, for forget I said that. :rolleyes2: I don't know why the VT store stopped selling the unit with the Janty atty. Probably just ran out of them.

Here's a LINK to the thread where I asked the same question.

Glad your atty came back to life!

Edited by Brian

Thanks, Brian. Sorry, just now saw your reply. Guess I'll save the $6 and go with Joye. Of course, I can't find them in stock with the guys I want to support, but such is life.

While I'm asking atomizer questions...what exactly does it mean to "break in an atty"? How long does this process usually take? I've been using mine for a week...is it broken in yet?

Thanks, Brian. Sorry, just now saw your reply. Guess I'll save the $6 and go with Joye. Of course, I can't find them in stock with the guys I want to support, but such is life.

While I'm asking atomizer questions...what exactly does it mean to "break in an atty"? How long does this process usually take? I've been using mine for a week...is it broken in yet?

Break-in period is usually the first couple of hours +/-. Initially, the taste isn't that great due to some factory juice they put on the atty to keep people from burning them up when they first get it. What I've noticed is usually in the 1st half hour or so the vapor isn't as good and the throat hit isn't as good. After the first couple of hours it should be fine. I see most of the difference in the first half hours our so, but I'm usually vaping heavily when I first put on a new atty.

Popular opinion is that they are about the same, but the Janty costs about $6 more. Kinda high priced, but apparently it comes with a 6 month warranty from Janty. I had become convinced that my Janty was working better than any of my other atty's, but that was just before it died, for forget I said that. :rolleyes2: I don't know why the VT store stopped selling the unit with the Janty atty. Probably just ran out of them.

Here's a LINK to the thread where I asked the same question.

Glad your atty came back to life!

Hopefully not a double post, first one kind of disappeared.

I think the store just ran out. Was one of the few to carry the Janty atty:

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/2692-gold-band-joye-510-atty/page__view__findpost__p__20965

You can get them for $8 from tw:

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/e-cig-accessories-510-titan/titan-5-x-atomiser-multi-pack-product.html

but you don't get a warranty. Lots better price than the $15 at Janty. Bottom line is I like these more than anything because I know what I'm getting. I'm not positive all other attys are Joye, I'm sure there are some knockoffs. I've never had an issue with the gold band, and before I got them, I was having a lot of issues in the beginning. And I'm sure that has nothing to do with being a noob! ;-)

Anyway, when TW had their 30% off sale a little while back, I went nuts. So got bunches of stuff at a very reasonable price. I think there is a coupon floating around as well.

Edited by FTJoe

Thanks Brian & Joe. I appreciate the info. :) Guess I'll order the attys from TW. I read that people are happy with them. Does anyone know if they ship from within the US?

Oh boy, so I'm on the hook. The link I gave should be good for the US. Just make sure the stars and stripes are in the forefront top left.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/products/e-cig-accessories-510-titan/titan-5-x-atomiser-multi-pack-product.html

if prices are in pounds, you're on the wrong site. Remember, in bulk there is no warranty, not even for a DOA though I imagine they might make good on that!! But even 4 at $40 is only $10 an atty. I think this gets you 7.5% discount, T4BE699. There are others out there as well. Shipping is $7, and not sure when it goes up, but I only paid $7 even for my massive order when they were running the 30% off sale. I bought ALOT!

That's good to know... I hadn't looked at TW much because I just assumed they shipped from overseas. That's a good price on those atty's.

Yeah - I noticed (once again) I didn't actually answer the question. They definitely ship from the US for US orders. I forget the person's name (Dawn?) that's running the US ops for TW. From the contact page it's in Florida.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/about-us/contact-us.html

Thanks! Hadn't looked far enough into them to know if the US orders came from the States. I did notice both flags, though, so I wondered.

Wow - I mentioned Dawn before, not sure where that's from. I guess it's Patti in the states for TW. Here's the short history of TW US. And no I'm not affiliated, I just remember seeing something from them previously, finally dug it up.

http://www.totallywicked-eliquid.com/news/2009/november/meet-our-operations-director-for-the-us.html