Battery Trouble

Ok, here's my first question and problem since using the e-ciggarette.

With a fully charged battery the LED will flash about ten times, sometimes it works after this and sometimes it doesn't. If it does not, I unscrew the battery and that seems to take care of the problem and I can continue use. On occasion the atomizer will also get pretty warm when it does this. I'm using a DSE901.

This could be a noob question (I hope it is) but since I am a noob, I wouldn't know. :P

Hmmm These things have a mind of there own and to be honest most of the batteries are just plane crap. (It's one of the biggest issues with ecigs)

If it only flashes when it get's hot, it's shutting itself off to protect to atomizer. Make sure your not smoking one atomizer for to long let it cool a bit. Also make sure there is enough liquid in your cart. If you dry smoke make sure there is still good vapor production otherwise add some more drops.

You may also be hitting the cut off point (if you take a drag without letting go for about 5 seconds it will blink to help stop you from "ODing"

Thanks for the reply! I'm going to go with it being crap. :lol: I don't think it's the other things you mentioned. You mentioned not using the atomizer to long, do you know how long that might be? I only vape about one cigarettes length and sometimes a little more at one time. This can't be my atomizers problem though because the battery will flash within a second even if I have not used it in hours (on a full charge).

Thanks for the help!

Ok, now that I'm fully awake I can tell ya what it's doing right now.

On a fully charged battery, take a draw, light flashes 10ish times, atomizer gets very warm (or slightly hot), and to use it again I remove the battery and put it back on. Any ideas?

(sorry to be a pain :D )

Bad battery. Need a new one. :)

You tell me I need a new battery and smile about it?! :P Actually, me and the wifey are trying to sell are tobacco (we used to ryo) so we can buy her an e-cigg and a ton of juice and spare parts.

You tell me I need a new battery and smile about it?! :P Actually, me and the wifey are trying to sell are tobacco (we used to ryo) so we can buy her an e-cigg and a ton of juice and spare parts.

lol, I know you said you started vaping recently so depending on where you purchased your starter kit from it still be under the 14 day warrenty most sellers have contact them and let them know you recived a bad battery.

• 1 month later...

hey monster, i read that these dse 901s have a self cleaning situation(mine did it once and hasnt done it again since) where it does exactly what you described, since its doing it so much im with you on it being a crap battery. when they go into the cleaning cycle there suppose to flash like 10 to 15 times when that happens the atomizer heats up! thats suppose to BURN off the crap that builds up on the coil! dont know if this cleaning cycle was built into all the dse 901s as not that many people who posted in the thread experienced this cleaning cycle. but like i said mine did it once and hasnt done it again.