Protege Question

aguifan

My question is about the "Protege" from Puresmoker.com

I got one with a 510 adaptor. So far I've only dripped with it.

The other mods I have use cartridges (I don't have a 510 by the way).

Though I like direct dripping, I like the convenience and cleanliness of the cartridges. If I buy blank cartridges for a 510 can I use them on my Protege? Also the description on Puresmoker.com says 510/Dura. What is "Dura"? Is that a name brand like "Joye"?

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Happy Vaping!

-jeff

Hey aguifan, yes, you can buy 510 carts and use it on your protege. It is a 510 atomizer so I'd imagine you would be able to use the carts. I use also 901 carts on 510 atomizers.

Dura is a Janty atomizer, they're like the joye 510 atomizers, but manufactured by Janty, while 510 is made by joye. Janty Dura atomizers cost a bit more, probably a bit more durable too. I can be wrong though. But, they are almost the same. Probably someone who uses the two, might shed some light on this. :)

Hmm... interesting.

What's the benefit of 901 cartridges on 510 atomizers?

Are they bigger?

No real big differences. The 901 has a D shape and is as deep as the 510 is more rectangular. Only benefit, would be if you like a lower profile tip. I only have 901 carts and have been using them on 510 simply cause I like the 'whistle-tips' better then the rounded 510 carts.

? do many people direct drip on the 510 atty's without replacing the tips to vape like i do? i do not seem to have any problem with this on my vp- pt and do not even remember where i put the mouthpiece lol!

? do many people direct drip on the 510 atty's without replacing the tips to vape like i do? i do not seem to have any problem with this on my vp- pt and do not even remember where i put the mouthpiece lol!

You mean, directly dripping into the atomizer and inhaling without attaching a cart? I think they call that 'tail piping'? I think that is the term some people used.

yes thats what i meant. i've not noticed the 'tail pipe' becoming too hot and actually wondered if the bottom of the mouthpiece would melt from contact with the atty wick. in any case putting the mouthpiece off and on would seem to take unnecessary time.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Joye 510 and yes the bottom of the carts do melt just a bit after a day or two. I don't think it would ever totally destroy the cart though, they only melt a little bit. Here I took a picture for ya:

post-1943-126458823108_thumb.jpg

BTW, most of what you see on that cart is just moisture. The only melted part is where it looks indented on the very end.

Also, I'm glad I found out via this and another thread that the 901 carts work on 510s. I've really been wanting those whistle tips, and the closest I can find in an offical 510 size is the "flat tips" which are still pretty thick, compared to the 901 whistle tips.

P.S. enjoy the pic, here what I had to do to get it lol:

1) tried my phone camera, not sharp enough

2) busted out my old Sony DSC-S50, took the pic

3) Realized it's USB driver is not supported on either my Win7 or 2008 box

4) Downloaded and installed Virtual PC 2007 on my Server 2008 box to run XP so I could connect the camera

5) Virtual PC attempted to install a network driver that BSOD'd the machine

6) Several safe-mode reboots and some troubleshooting later I figured this out and got the driver uninstalled

7) Realized my Acer netbook has a card reader which supports the old-*** Sony SD card, and I didn't have to do any of the above.

8) Face-palm'd

Moral of the story, don't ever install Virtual PC 2007 on Vista, 7, or 2008. I think they have a patch that works with these OSes now though.

post-1943-126458823108_thumb.jpg

Edited by mmseng