Helping The F.d.a.

I know the FDA "officially" stopped taking comments on the electronic cigarette at the end of last year, but I can't help but feel that it's my duty as an American to try to help this wonderful government organization as much as possible. That's why I found this contact page at the FDA Center for Drug Evaluation and Research and sent them this.

To whom it may concern.

I am writing you regarding the inevitable battle over the safety of the electronic cigarette. I understand that you have questions considering this particular nicotine delivery system. I also understand that there is the possibility of some sort of legislation to control electronic cigarettes, or at least the nicotine containing fluid that is vaporized by these devices.

I have read many articles where a concern over the lack of long term studies on the use of e-cigs, and the inhaling of vaporized pharmaceutical grade nicotine, in either a Propylene Glycol or Vegetable Glycerin base, is cited as a real problem. I am here to help.

I am 44 years old, and began smoking in 1986. After 23 years of tobacco cigarettes, I began using a personal vaporizer in November of 2009. I quit smoking completely on December 1, 2009. I now use electronic cigarettes exclusively.

While I feel better, have my breath back, and am enjoying refreshed senses of taste and smell, I am not a health care professional. I would like to volunteer myself for any long term studies you would like to do. I would be willing to make extra trips to my doctor, track my nicotine juice use, or any other task, in order to help you make an informed decision about electronic cigarettes.

Thank you for being concerned with my well being. I look forward to your response.

Sincerely,

John Richards

I think it's polite, and, actually, it's the truth. I made sure to fill in my contact info so they can get back to me. They want long term studies... somebodies got to do it. :yes If you'd like to join me in doing your part for your country, please feel free to copy and paste anything you'd like from my letter.

Same here hammer let me know the feed back from this I am scheduled to me with my Dr in feb for check up and to talk about stopping smoking he doesn't know about my vaping yet and quitting already so I would like to know and present something to him when I go

Angel