Janty Stick V3 Improved!

Hm. Never been fond of the box shape myself, and the cutoff is an absolute deal killer for me. I don't understand why a cutoff is considered valuable in any way. There are a couple of plusses - it's a passthrough and batt unit in one, which is sweet; the size makes it easier to conceal in the hand if one feels concealment is warranted. I wish there'd been a photo of the white one!

Sarcasm Alert Oh this is just GREAT! Sarcasm Alert

It's been a few weeks of me desperately trying to NOT buy any more hardware while I wait patiently to see the final design of the Joker and the Maserati, and now this. Dang it all! What to do... what to do.

Dave, there is a pic of the white one HERE.

Edited by SmokinHammer

Sarcasm Alert Oh this is just GREAT! Sarcasm Alert

It's been a few weeks of me desperately trying to NOT buy any more hardware while I wait patiently to see the final design of the Joker and the Maserati, and now this. Dang it all! What to do... what to do.

Dave, there is a pic of the white one HERE.

Yeah, I like the look of the white one better. Maybe someone could disable the cutoff somehow. ;) This is just a test of your conviction man, hang in there for the Joker! Or Maserati. :D I'm kind of looking forward to seeing that too.

This is one of the hard parts about vaping - all the innovation going on makes me want to partake in everything... But I'm limited in what I can have too. Sigh.

If I remember correctly, in the Video review of the Stick, they said that the cutoff had no delay built in, so it's just a matter of letting off for an instant and then hitting it again. I would hope that version 3 still works the same way. Then it's a nice feature... if you were to have it in your pocket with something holding the button down, it won't just stay on.

If I remember correctly, in the Video review of the Stick, they said that the cutoff had no delay built in, so it's just a matter of letting off for an instant and then hitting it again. I would hope that version 3 still works the same way. Then it's a nice feature... if you were to have it in your pocket with something holding the button down, it won't just stay on.

Ah, I hadn't thought about the button being depressed accidentally, that's a good failsafe. I had an experience where I laid a book on my passthrough at work, and it created quite a stir... Steam then smoke was pouring out like crazy until a coworker went to investigate and stopped it.

I suppose you could learn to workaround the cutoff. I'll accept it has a possible good use. Thanks guys, that helps. This forum is exceptionally valuable to me. thumbsup.gif

This is sounding more and more like something I need for a portable, small unit. I spend so much time outside in the summer and neither my VP2 or VP/PT would work for me out there. I need something small and light that can go in my pocket. Something with a long enough battery life that I don't have to keep going back for a new battery. This just seems like the answer. Really, I haven't vaped in the summer yet and it could be that I would only need to vape when I came inside to cool down or whatever, but I don't know yet and want to be prepared ahead of time.

I am a bit concerned about there not being enough vapor now. I just knew the VP/PT was going to spoil me for that.

Does anyone know if this is the same as the Joye stick at Wordupecig? I would rather keep my business with him if I can, rather than going somewhere new.

This is sounding more and more like something I need for a portable, small unit. I spend so much time outside in the summer and neither my VP2 or VP/PT would work for me out there. I need something small and light that can go in my pocket. Something with a long enough battery life that I don't have to keep going back for a new battery. This just seems like the answer. Really, I haven't vaped in the summer yet and it could be that I would only need to vape when I came inside to cool down or whatever, but I don't know yet and want to be prepared ahead of time.

I am a bit concerned about there not being enough vapor now. I just knew the VP/PT was going to spoil me for that.

Does anyone know if this is the same as the Joye stick at Wordupecig? I would rather keep my business with him if I can, rather than going somewhere new.

Hey Nana,

His site is listing the stick #3 although the pic is of the #2 version. At work I use my Janty Stick #2 all day long. It does not compare to the VPPT, but does match that of the VP2 or VP1. It's battery life is about the same as the VP1 or Spade, so about 4 hours average. I really like the fact that you can charge it and vape it at the same time, and the size really works well - pretty hassle free.

Hey Nana,

His site is listing the stick #3 although the pic is of the #2 version. At work I use my Janty Stick #2 all day long. It does not compare to the VPPT, but does match that of the VP2 or VP1. It's battery life is about the same as the VP1 or Spade, so about 4 hours average. I really like the fact that you can charge it and vape it at the same time, and the size really works well - pretty hassle free.

I gave up my 510s for a Janty Stick for battery life. Thought it was great, then a bunch of problems ensued (seemed constantly clogged was the worst). I got some attys from the VT store but never tried cranking it up again (have the spade now) and 510s as a backup. The form was pretty compact though, could easily pocket it. Maybe I'll crank it up again and have that as a backup. Guess I would have to do a PTB mod for the 801 cart...

I gave up my 510s for a Janty Stick for battery life. Thought it was great, then a bunch of problems ensued (seemed constantly clogged was the worst). I got some attys from the VT store but never tried cranking it up again (have the spade now) and 510s as a backup. The form was pretty compact though, could easily pocket it. Maybe I'll crank it up again and have that as a backup. Guess I would have to do a PTB mod for the 801 cart...

You know I had some issues at first too. The JS takes some finessing to get it to work right. I really have to watch how much I drip with it, I was using carts at first with the 302 atty it came with, with no luck. I then tried standard 801 attys, and kept breaking them having to screw them down so much that eventually they kept breaking. I also wasn't letting the atty break in enough, the 302 attys take a little more time to break in than standard atty's of any other type - IMO. I finally found the balance with dripping 3 drops out of a 3ML bottle does the trick perfect. If i'm not sure I really need to drip, then I'll just drip 2 drops, and that way I don't get it clogged up, and if I overdripped it's not flooded.

If you got one of those 801LB's (302) atty's from Chris it should work nicely for you! Hope it goes better this time!

I have a Juicebox on order, which is very similar to a Janty Stick. The Juicebox is supposed to have a battery and "juicer" that lasts all day. It has received great reviews, but is made to order, and I will not have it for another month. It uses a custom atomizer that is guaranteed for 6 months.

Edited by dlynne

I have a Juicebox on order, which is very similar to a Janty Stick. The Juicebox is supposed to have a battery and "juicer" that lasts all day. It has received great reviews, but is made to order, and I will not have it for another month. It uses a custom atomizer that is guaranteed for 6 months.

I've really considered that one, dlynne. I haven't been brave enough to try it though. It's made by someone I don't know and I'm not the most trusting soul alive. But, I've read just a little bit about it and I've watched the video's. It sounds like it could be a great thing for me when I'm out and about. Long battery life is great and having the juice contained inside the box would be ideal. It would mean one less thing for me to carry around in pockets when I'm outside working or whatever. I like the idea of having an atty that would last for 6 months, but what happens when it has to be replaced? Do you have to buy a whole new unit? I've tried looking at his site to see if there are any answers there, but after the page comes up, I can't get it do move or do anything else.

I'd be really interested in hearing more about yours when you get it. I don't know anyone else who has one.

I'm not sure what happens when the atty goes bad, but I will ask. I bought this mainly for long road trips, so I don't have to refill the cartridge while driving.

I won't have it for another month or so, but will review it here when I have it in hand.