The Differences Between The Spade & The Protege?!

Ok! I know it's been a while with me bugging you trying to decide which is going to be my first MOD e-Cig (I'm SOOO excited!)... Drum roll please.............. It's The SPADE VS. The PROTEGE! Are they pretty similar? So, last questions on this tired out topic, which do you prefer and why? i.e. Do either of them do 3.7 AND 5volts? cuz I definitely don't need anything higher than 5!, secondly, does anyone have a size comparison? And which atty wil give me the most flavor AND still some throat hit (not TOO much, more concerned with vapor production and flavor).

P.S. I will be getting the little chuck but I'm going away to Taiwan again in 2 weeks and I know the custom artwork takes some time...) It would help if I could get some feedback by tonight because I'd like to order it tonight to give it plenty of chance to get here! Thanks as always, guys,

-Cade :thumbsup:

I like the spade...dont know much about the protege... I know the spade is not 5v...protege....dont know...

My choices of mods is the spade or the Janty ego... Neither are 5v

I just want a longer lasting batt that will hold 3.7 volts longer... Higher volts = juice depletion quickly just MHO...never tried higher volts...

Fatalis, here are a couple of FAQ's from the puresmoker website. It should answer your questions about the Protege'. The Spade and Protege' are two very different units. Its up to you to decide which one will meet your needs. The Protege' is very versatile with different atty's and the otion of 3.7v or 6v. Hope this helps.

Q3. What exactly is The PureSmoker Prodigy/Protege, and why doesn’t it look like a cigarette?

A3: The PureSmoker Prodigy and Protege are battery housing unist that allow users to experience several different atomizers through the use of adapters. (Doesn’t that sound fancy?) The Prodigy and Protege adapters are currently available for the following atomizers:

1. DSE801/Pen

2. DSE901/Mini

3. M401/Pilot

4. 510/Dura

The Prodigy was designed so that users could customize their experience for whatever voltage they prefer. The Prodigy comes standard with a 5v configuration, as we have found this to be the “sweet spot” for vaping. The 5v configuration is comprised of a resistored switch, and (2) RCR123a 3v batteries. The resistor in the switch regulates the battery voltage down to 5v. For users who prefer to experience other voltages, we also offer an unresistored switch. This allows users to use (1) 18650 3.7v battery to experience 3.7v vaping, or (2) RCR123a 3v batteries to experience 6v.

The Prodigy and Protege allows users to drip liquid directly onto the atomizer, meaning there is no need for messy cartridges in the future. In fact, Pure Smoker does not even sell cartridges anymore because we do not recommend using them with any of our devices. It features a manual switch so that there is no chance of your batteries heating your atomizer and burning it out while in your pocket, purse, or in transit.

Q4: What is the difference between the 801, 901, and 510 Prodigy?

A4: The main differences between the 801 and the 901 (the 510 is comparable to the 901 in performance) are:

1. The 801 has a stronger throat hit than the 901.

2. The 901 produces more vapor and flavor.

3. The 801 has less battery life than the 901.

The 801 and 901 atomizers come with cigarillo type mouthpieces. The 510’s mouthpiece looks more like a cigarette.