Just Got A Dse905!

jmhester

I picked up one of the DSE905s from myvaporstore.com (great shipping btw). The price was awesome at $60. I'm thinking I can convert it to use 2 CR123s. One of our great folks here turned me on to a thread on "the other" forum that described it a bit but I was wondering if anybody else had tried to modify one.

I Googled "dse905 6v" and found a site that will do the mod for you for $20 and another that will soon provide a 6v conversion for $25. I do not care to promote them, so I just say google can be your friend.

Looks like it would be easy if you have a lathe.

Good luck to ya.

I've seen videos and posts with people explaining this. I don't remember where exactly, so this isn't much help, but with some research you should be able to find it pretty quickly.

I just ohm-ed out mine. I measured continuity between the internal positive battery terminal and the atty's center conductor, with or without the button being pressed.

I measured 'open circuit' from the 905 threads to the atty's mating threads,with or without the button being pressed. Obviously, the switch is not direct connecting the batty to the atty.

I already believed it has some kind of regulator that drops the voltage from the battery. I have no idea how this device is going to react to 6 volts. I would suspect that this mod requires more than just boring out the battery front cover.

I would search deeper if I was after 6v vaping. I'd be more interested in 5v or better yet, adjustable voltage.