Vp1 V Protege

I've had my VP1 for a few months now, am tooled up with three chargers and a pocketful of batteries, and am very impressed with the combination of the VP1 with the low-bridge 801 atty. MAJOR improvement over stock 801 batteries.

There's one quibble I have, though. That tiny ball-switch, during long vaping sessions, can kinda dig into your digits.

post-731-126281407019_thumb.png

I have to move the thing around, use my thumb for awhile then my finger, switch hands, etc... now I'm actually getting callouses on my digits from using the thing.

The Protege over at PureSmoker, a similar-looking batt mod, has a much larger button on its switch.

PROTEGEFULL-2.jpg

I'm thinking it would have to be easier on the fingers than that little ball-switch on the VP series.

So my questions are:

1. Does anyone have the Protege, and what's their opinion of it?

2. Even better, has anyone used both the VP1 and the Protege and could compare the two mods?

3. Are the 10440 3.7 batts used with the VP1 compatible with the Protege? I wouldn't like to have to reinvest in batteries and chargers if I were to switch over to the Protege.

TIA

post-731-126281407019_thumb.png

I'm a guitar player so my left fingers already have calluses.. so I probably don't notice.. unless the ball switch is different on the spade

Well, I'm a guitar player as well, but the inside of my thumb used to press the switch doesn't come in contact with strings, so the point is moot.

Also, been doing some research, and apparently the batteries themselves are different, right?

Roger what you said about the VP buttons. They give me fits, too. I usually alternate between the thumb and index finger for that very reason.

Before you decide on anything, check out my Janty eGo video review I'm about to post up. It's a very cool little device!