Cartridge Filler

So, I'm curious still if there are any opinions on the cartridge filler some sites sell. I was using some blue filler from the beginning and haven't ever seen you guys talk about changing out the original filler with another kind?? THANKS :)

I'm using the Fluval (brand name) water polishing pads. A small box is maybe $5 at the pet store, and would have to refill hundreds of cartridges. I keep saltwater fish, so I had some when I started vaping. It should be available at almost any pet store, and is so close to the original filler that I can't see any difference.

41nX3ZdoIPL._SS500_.jpg

I too use the Fluval 2 plus. I have tried most cart fillers over the last 7 months and I keep going back to the fluval. easy to use and one box will last a long time.

I change the filler in my carts about once/week--

The fluval is easy to use--comes in rectangular sheet. cut to size of cart. I pull it in 1/2 and have enough for 2 carts per cut. Just want to make sure you don't pack the carts tight--slows down the wicking.

Hope that made sense.

Like smokin said--can find it at most pet shops in the aquarium section. There are many types of fluval--I like the 2 plus the best.

I've tried the Pyramid tea bag mod with great success. I hope that doesn't make me sound too dorky. There's been quite a bit of how-to info on that around here but I can't pinpoint it quickly offhand. Basically, the nylon(?) tea bag is cut apart to make it flat, one edge folded over a couple of times, then it's rolled up and put into the cart with the folded end toward the coil. The dimensions of the rolled-up tea bag are important - too long and the atty will flood, too short it won't wick. Trial and error worked for me though. But then I just gave up carts and direct drip pretty much all the time now - except for my commute, when I do often use a tea bag cart.

Not Dorky at all and Tea is good for you--two for...

The teabag mod is my second choice and still use it now and again

Here's Dorky--The teabag nylon hardens a bit from heat (doesn't melt)--I have developed a need to 'fluff' the filler now and again and I can't do that with the teabag mod.

LOL--7 months in, and already have my little quirks...

:iiam:

Here's Dorky--The teabag nylon hardens a bit from heat (doesn't melt)--I have developed a need to 'fluff' the filler now and again and I can't do that with the teabag mod.

LOL--7 months in, and already have my little quirks...

iiam.gif

Oh no -- me too! I always mess with that little scratchy end when I clean and restuff them. :D There's just no end to it is there?

I have tried the teabag also and have found that I like the poly-fill a little better.

You can buy a bag of it at a craft store for about 6 or 7 buck and it will last for years. The smallest I found was like 45"x 92".

That's a LOT of carts. I figure I'll die before I run out and will leave the rest to my sister and brother, lol.

But as they say here, everyone has their own likes and dislikes.

Cool! Thanks for the info! Just in case anyone wants to find those little blue filler things which weren't more than a dollar for a bag of them. being that I just started and heard all these complains about juice in your mouth, it made me try them and honestly thats all Ive been using. They seem to be just the perect size too! I got a baggie of them from strictlyejuice.com. I highly reccomend them from personal experience and my brother orders all the time also.:icecream:

I've seen someone use sink screens before. It doesn't look like it would work but I like the idea of trying something metal. Something made kind of like how the bridge is made. Like a metal sponge like chain mail dome or something. I'm wondering if something like that could be found and maybe put into the atty around the bridge instead of the cart. Almost like a metal dome over the bridge with enough small holes to let juice soak through. I'm basically wanting a way to keep the atty from flooding and to fill a cart that has no filling. Does that sound possible?

So far i have been entirely too lazy to not just buy carts empty, they are cheap, i know i know you save more but refilling the cart filters, but im allready saving so much or money/life/health ect. i may just stick to the carts 4-5 bucks a box aint no big thing.

Luke

Very good point Luke !!! Not sure why I go through refilling carts--I guess it has just become a ritual thing for me. Maybe it is time to just buy carts. Like you said--they aren't exactly expensive.

Lisa

So far i have been entirely too lazy to not just buy carts empty, they are cheap, i know i know you save more but refilling the cart filters, but im allready saving so much or money/life/health ect. i may just stick to the carts 4-5 bucks a box aint no big thing.

Luke

I know what you mean there - they are really cheap and it's easy to keep a bunch of them around. But man, I just can't throw something still useful away! :D I have at least 20 new carts and I keep cleaning and using the same three all the time... That's just goofy.