I've Made A Decision

Okay, so after MUCH THOUGHT and A LOT of research I've decided to return my joye510 for a full refund to purchase the VP2 and give that a try. After all the great things I've heard about the VP2, I just have to try it. So, I'll sleep on it just to make sure I don't change my mind, and I sure hope its a good decision.

You're not suppose to get refunds. This isn't Walmart. You're suppose to be an e-cig addict that can never have happiness until you collect them all. Looking for just one e-cig is just weird and I think a sin. Join us! Join us! Join us! Join us! :hug:

The thought is a little unsettling. :huh:

Okay, so after MUCH THOUGHT and A LOT of research I've decided to return my joye510 for a full refund to purchase the VP2 and give that a try. After all the great things I've heard about the VP2, I just have to try it. So, I'll sleep on it just to make sure I don't change my mind, and I sure hope its a good decision.

May I suggest that you support your vendors by not returning stuff until you find the unit you like? Just suck it up and buy another like everyone else has done. And as others have said, you will want a backup unit. But honestly - that kind of wrenched my gut. I feel like we're more of a community than a mall.

As some people may not have the luxury of holding on to one unit while purchasing another, I certainly would understand if you would have to return it in order to afford the new model. But, if at all possible, I agree with everyone. If you EVER need a backup, yer gonna be sayin " Damm, I wish I kept that 510" JMHO

Just in case you want another opinion, here's mine. I, too, think you should keep the 510. Backups are very important. Besides that, the VP2 does not come with an atomizer, so you'll need one anyway. If you keep the 510, you'll have an atty to start with. Although you will need an adapter for that one. You could also order the low bridge 801 atty to go with it and compare the two like I've been doing.

With the stronger battery of the VP2, the vapor will be a bit more than with the regular battery on the 510 atty. But, the main difference with the VP2 is the battery life. Is the main complaint with your 510 the short battery life? If so, then the VP2 could very well be your answer. Or you could just order the passthrough for the 510 as you don't have to worry about batteries at all with it. But it is not portable either. Every unit seems to have it's good points and it's not so good points. I've found that out by buying several different models and comparing them. You might have to do the same, but it has been my hope that I can save some people some of the frustration and money by not doing it the way I did it.

I don't understand why you would return your 510. You've posted that your initial battery charge lasted "only" an hour and a half, and that the atomizer gets hot. How much research did you do before you got the 510? Your batteries will hit their stride after a few cycles, although 1 1/2 or 2 hours is perfectly normal for a 510 battery. Have you tried using a stronger juice so you get more nicotine with less vaping? (Your atty wouldn't heat up as much.) Also, what will you do when your VP2 breaks, or you misplace it, or accidentally drop it in the toilet. I agree with Dave and some of the others here. You bought a 510, and it does what a 510 is supposed to do. Keep it, buy more, and be patient.

Besides that, the VP2 does not come with an atomizer, so you'll need one anyway.

The base unit purchased alone does not come with atty's, but both vaprlife and dietsmokes sell VP2 sets which come with atty's. I got mine from dietsmokes and it included 2 atty.

The base unit purchased alone does not come with atty's, but both vaprlife and dietsmokes sell VP2 sets which come with atty's. I got mine from dietsmokes and it included 2 atty.

You are so right, Brian. I had forgotten that already. I didn't order the set because I already had the attys. I should be more careful about what I say. Sorry.

Did you make a decision on which atty you're going to go with, or which VP2 setup you're going to get, and from where?

I think I want to try it with the 510 adapter so i can try both. But, I'm not sure where i'm going to et it from yet, either dietsmokes or vaprlife.

I think I want to try it with the 510 adapter so i can try both. But, I'm not sure where i'm going to et it from yet, either dietsmokes or vaprlife.

You know, I struggle with that question too. I believe Jeso at Vaprlife is the designer and manufacturer. I'm never sure what's the best way to spend my money - whether with the originator, who will earn a larger margin on the units he sells, or from a distributor which would help the originator gain sales volume. I guess it's a toss up; either that or the math is too involved for my little brain - micro economics was not my best subject. :) Any VP2 sale is gonna support its creator one way or the other.

I speak from experience when I say that having a backup would be a great idea! If I had a backup right now I wouldn't be back to smoking regular cigs while I patiently wait on a new charger! *PROPS TO CHRIS for hooking me up BIG with a charger and juice just because he feels sorry for my limping self!! Just sayin' :) Its much better to have extras than to be without :(