Now What Do I Do With All These Lighters?

I just got to thinking....

I got tons of lighters around my house and Jeep...(Just took all of them out including the factory) don't need them.

But I have several Zippo lighters that I have good money invested... I seem to keep finding more...

I have found 5 zippos and at least 7 disposables...prolly more somewhere

My fave Zippo is a scull zippo that I kept on me at all times.... i have a special case for when I am on my motorcycle..

I will probably throw the bics away and sell the zippo's at a yard sale or something...

But I think I will keep my scull lighter.... for campfires :)

I got tons of lighters around my house and Jeep...(Just took all of them out including the factory) don't need them.

But I have several Zippo lighters that I have good money invested... I seem to keep finding more...

My fave Zippo is a scull zippo that I kept on me at all times.... i have a special case for when I am on my motorcycle..

I will probably throw the bics away and sell the zippo's at a yard sale or something...

Maybe you can develop a PV mod out of an old lighter. :D

Funny you mention lighters! I was putting these away earlier! Sorry for crappy quality, had it on my phone and was sending to someone. :)

Uh, I took a look at the picture again and I have some 'explicit' lighters in there. Please excuse those, didn't mean to show those off, not like I do what any of them say. :whistle:

post-1428-126238379125_thumb.jpg

Edited by StevenP

Thats quite a collection Steve. Last night we were driving in my car and my wife found a lighter. She said Wow, I haven't seen one of those in months. :) It kinda made me feel good and reminded me of my new found love of vaping.

Hey, Zippos are like old coins. Dont throw them away. Seriously, some old Zippos are worth a fortune. When you have Grandkids, youll have some neat stuff to pass on, maybe valuable. Some old ones from the 30's and 40's are worth thousands.

Thats quite a collection Steve. Last night we were driving in my car and my wife found a lighter. She said Wow, I haven't seen one of those in months. :) It kinda made me feel good and reminded me of my new found love of vaping.

Haha, indeed! Never thought to look in the car, I'm sure I have a few 'backup' lighters in there somewhere. I usually got a free lighter for every carton I bought from my local smoke shop.

It all started when I found a few lighters around my desk. One led to another and so on, so grabbed all of the ones I can find and placed them into a ziplock bag. I'm sure, eventually, the lighters will be useful again... like for lighting birthday candles, killing bugs or... something. :)

Hey, Zippos are like old coins. Dont throw them away. Seriously, some old Zippos are worth a fortune. When you have Grandkids, youll have some neat stuff to pass on, maybe valuable. Some old ones from the 30's and 40's are worth thousands.

Yeah, I can never throw away a Zippo! Like you said, like a rare coin! My knock-off Zippos usually had a broken top, that's how cheap they were...

I have a really rare one that my uncle (Marines at the time) gave to my dad (Army), which was my grandfathers (Pathfinder scout during WW2), it had the marines emblem with the eagle on the globe. It was really old, I remember playing around with it as a kid and almost setting the house on fire.

And, I have sent SEVERAL back to the factory for repairs. Zippos lifetime gaurentee is awesome, they mean what they say, no questions asked. I had one that was run over by a car, my wife said I was nuts and theyd never fix it. It came back good as new !

And, I have sent SEVERAL back to the factory for repairs. Zippos lifetime gaurentee is awesome, they mean what they say, no questions asked. I had one that was run over by a car, my wife said I was nuts and theyd never fix it. It came back good as new !

Whoa, I didn't know Zippos had a lifetime warranty. I have one that is dented in so the cover doesn't cover correctly. Then again, that dent gave it a type of personality, so not sure if I'd want to fix it. :)

Wow!! And I thought I had a lot of lighters. I don't even come close to that. It sounds like some of us have gone from lighter collections to ecig collections.

I didn't know all that about Zippos. I can't even tell you how many of them I've thrown away over the years. I don't have any anymore. I started using throw aways. Except I can't seem to throw away ones that still have liquid in them. I have no idea why. Maybe because I paid for them and don't like to waste money?

I was wondering why when I smoked people always stole my lighters and I never could find one ,now I am like you I have twenty or thirty laying around.I need to throw away the ashtrays I don't know I am trouble with that one.

I was wondering why when I smoked people always stole my lighters and I never could find one ,now I am like you I have twenty or thirty laying around.I need to throw away the ashtrays I don't know I am trouble with that one.

Yeah, it's so weird, when you need a light, you can never find it. But now that I don't smoke analogs, I've just been finding them left and right! I have a few ceramic ashtrays and a coffee can outside I used to have to use as an ashtray, now it's empty and I use the ceramic ashtray as a coaster for my cold drinks :thumbsup:

I have a skull Zippo also. What does yours look like? Is the skull painted on or is it made out of the metal?

I use my old ash trays to keep my E-cig stuff in like tacks and paperclips for working on carts and 3ml juice bottles in whatever flavor I am vaping and to lean my 510 up so it doesnt leak all that juice back to the mouhtpeice.I have one in every room I vape in..LOL...They still smell great and I dont have to empty them.And no one messes with them!

I have a skull Zippo also. What does yours look like? Is the skull painted on or is it made out of the metal?

Its a chrome raised scull with a black background...Its not a cheapo.... It's pretty cool