How Long Do It Last

oper8tor2

say it aint so... i can't quit researching this stuff. it's like a new toy for me right now. i just ordered a protege yesterday, yippee!!!!!!! my first e-cig.

while looking for a back up e-cig i stumbled across an article that stated 2 to 3 month life span is to be expected. i don't feel i'm understanding correctly. somebody please tell me you get a lot more out of yours.

say it aint so... i can't quit researching this stuff. it's like a new toy for me right now. i just ordered a protege yesterday, yippee!!!!!!! my first e-cig.

while looking for a back up e-cig i stumbled across an article that stated 2 to 3 month life span is to be expected. i don't feel i'm understanding correctly. somebody please tell me you get a lot more out of yours.

That's probably referring to the attomizer. From what I hear, atty's typically last anywhere from a few weeks to a couple of months. Some last longer, and occasionally you'll get a dud. I'm not sure what atty the Protege uses, but atty's typically run around $10.

Hello,

All parts and accesssories of any make or model will have a finite life span. Even with replacement parts, mods, liquid, etc., my personal cost is a fraction of what I spent on analogs. Most importantly, I cough much less and the wife wants me around more. :hug:

There is a lot depends ,as a rule when you first start out you should only expect it to last a month or two.We all buy extra attomizers and batteries you should always three or four of each ,two chargers is a good idea in case one breaks or just to charge two batteries at a time.So buying two 510 kits for starters would get you four attomizers and four batteries and two chargers and a lifetime supply of carts if you restuff them.Nothing kills the buzz worse than just getting to like vaping then having to wait on the mailman to bring you more liquid or batteries or atty's.The auto batteries have a short lifespan for newbies as you try dripping and overfill the cart and flood the atty.After you learn the ropes stuff lasts longer and you learn to clean the atty's.The manual batteries are a bit more foolproof.The mods seem to have switch issues so a spare switch would be wise.

Edited by mcquinn

Hey, Oper8tor. Glad to see that your still researching. I like to tell people that when I first discovered the e-cig, which was only a bit more than 2 months ago, "I was like a primative island jungle dweller seeing a mirror for the first time". So believe me when I say that ALL of us here know exactly how you feel about "our new toys".

Those frickin' batteries are gonna wear out, brother. So does the one you put in your car, even though you keep it recharched. However, the e-cig battery is a lot smaller than our car's battery, and it can't be expected to last nearly as long.

The attomizers have an eliment much like a light bulb. Well, you get the point.

I was disappointed when I first heard the parts wear out so quickly. But then I got to thinking about how much it would cost to replace them. IF an atty only lasts for one month (I'm still using my first one and it's almost been two months) that means it costs about $10. a month to replace. If the batteries last 3 months like I've heard (the batteries that come with the kits, not the ones for the mods) and they are say $12. each and you want at least 2 at time, that's $24. divided by 3 months or $8. per month. Add in about $20. a month for juice and you have an average of $38. per month you spend on ecigs. That's less than the cost of a carton of analogs. And I went through about one carton a week. Once I looked at it that way, it didn't bother me so much. Then I started stocking up on supplies so that I would never run out. If you buy a new atty each time you get new juice, you should stay ahead on those. Then if you buy new batteris every couple of months, you should be okay there, too. If you get to where you seem to have a fairly big stock pile, you can back off on the spare parts for awhile. I haven't gotten to the back off for a while point yet, but that's what I'm been thinking.

It really isn't that bad at all. Just kind of a shock in the beginning.

That's all good advice. It's true that this stuff has a finite life, and that stocking up is essential since it all has to generally be delivered via the mail rather than picked up locally. There's just one more consideration that is important to me, so I'll share it since the expected life of attys factors in.

This is the possibility that all of our supplies might be cut off at any time by actions of the FDA. Personally I'm working diligently to set aside at least a one-year supply of everything; once I get that I'll probably go for a two year supply. I fully expect that soon regulation is going to kick in, and that will be preceded by a period of totally unavailability of all supplies while the govt sorts out how to control and tax our lifestyle.

I'm generally pretty risk-averse. The thought of having to go back to analogs, with their horrible health effects, expense and filth, makes me very unhappy. I hope to be able to weather the down time reasonably comfortably. Since attys and purpose-built batteries have finite lives, that means stocking up. Just my .02.

I've had the same thoughts, Dave. I didn't think about a year or two worth of supplies, but that's not a bad idea. That wouldn't be so many attys really, but could be a huge amount of juice. That's why I was thinking to get way down on the nic level or to even 0 so if they do take it away, I can make my own. If I still need the nic, I could have several bottles of higher nic and lower it myself so it last longer. And with the VP2, I can always get batteries somewhere, so that's not a worry. And I won't have to worry about batteries with the VP/PT, but don't know how long one of those will last. It is something to think about and try to be prepared for.

I've had the same thoughts, Dave. I didn't think about a year or two worth of supplies, but that's not a bad idea. That wouldn't be so many attys really, but could be a huge amount of juice. That's why I was thinking to get way down on the nic level or to even 0 so if they do take it away, I can make my own. If I still need the nic, I could have several bottles of higher nic and lower it myself so it last longer. And with the VP2, I can always get batteries somewhere, so that's not a worry. And I won't have to worry about batteries with the VP/PT, but don't know how long one of those will last. It is something to think about and try to be prepared for.

Yall are starting to scare me. I think I'll go order some more juice now... down to about 210 ml. :whistle:

That's all good advice. It's true that this stuff has a finite life, and that stocking up is essential since it all has to generally be delivered via the mail rather than picked up locally. There's just one more consideration that is important to me, so I'll share it since the expected life of attys factors in.

This is the possibility that all of our supplies might be cut off at any time by actions of the FDA. Personally I'm working diligently to set aside at least a one-year supply of everything; once I get that I'll probably go for a two year supply. I fully expect that soon regulation is going to kick in, and that will be preceded by a period of totally unavailability of all supplies while the govt sorts out how to control and tax our lifestyle.

I'm generally pretty risk-averse. The thought of having to go back to analogs, with their horrible health effects, expense and filth, makes me very unhappy. I hope to be able to weather the down time reasonably comfortably. Since attys and purpose-built batteries have finite lives, that means stocking up. Just my .02.

Thanks for letting me know where my tax check is going.

Nana I've had the same thought about extending higher-nic juice by cutting to a lower dose. Unfortunately, I vape the hi-test as it is; I'd have to do a lot of cutting down to make that work. ;) I've also been buying double-flavored juice with cutting in mind. And I've been considering buying a big bottle of the DIY 100mg stuff, and will probably work that in soon if I can. We're talking hundreds of dollars though, which will take a while for me to save up for. I'll at least get some though. I'm pretty much plowing all of my former analog money into juice and attys. Some day I'll get to take a purchasing vacation! But not for a few months.

That's pretty much what I'm doing - spending what I would have spent on analogs to stock up. I'm over that by a ways right now, but know that I will eventually catch up and then will go ahead. I just have to make sure I'm well stocked for now.

I don't think I would have the nerve to work with the 100mg. I've been buying the 12mg from Tasty Vapor and buying the 0 nic doublers of the same flavor (or a flavor that would mix well with the other) and using that to cut the nic down to 6. I've even done some adding of VG to bring it down even more.

I was disappointed when I first heard the parts wear out so quickly. But then I got to thinking about how much it would cost to replace them. IF an atty only lasts for one month (I'm still using my first one and it's almost been two months) that means it costs about $10. a month to replace. If the batteries last 3 months like I've heard (the batteries that come with the kits, not the ones for the mods) and they are say $12. each and you want at least 2 at time, that's $24. divided by 3 months or $8. per month. Add in about $20. a month for juice and you have an average of $38. per month you spend on ecigs. That's less than the cost of a carton of analogs. And I went through about one carton a week. Once I looked at it that way, it didn't bother me so much. Then I started stocking up on supplies so that I would never run out. If you buy a new atty each time you get new juice, you should stay ahead on those. Then if you buy new batteris every couple of months, you should be okay there, too. If you get to where you seem to have a fairly big stock pile, you can back off on the spare parts for awhile. I haven't gotten to the back off for a while point yet, but that's what I'm been thinking.

It really isn't that bad at all. Just kind of a shock in the beginning.

Very good plan .