TFV4 tank coils

Spencebuddy8970

Hey so I was on here before to get some help on my Sigelei 75W with the TFV4 tank and how I was maxing out the mod. So, I went and purchased a 150W Joytech Cuboid. So far, I love it. The coil works great with the mod, lots of flavor and the clouds are great. The only thing I have found is that the coils are burning out extremely quick. I prime the coils and let it soak in the tank once it has been filled for 30 minutes. I start vaping and it's great. But after 1-2 days I get a dry burning taste. Now I believe I'm doing everything correctly. Like I said I prime the coil, start at 40W and continue to about 50-60W where I like it the absolute most. So why are they burning so quickly? I don't chain vape it usually at all. And like I said I don't vape at a high output until I've worked it up there. Can someone please drop some info that may help. Would be so appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I'm having similar issues. I'm burning thru coils for the tfv4 left and right. Mine came with the rba and I tried it, but it's airflow is more restricted and I was still getting burnt cotton tasting hits. I've been using the clapton coils, and I think the next set I get I'll either go with the triples or quads. I've started tracking coil changes on my tablet, and it's insane how quickly they are burning out. My triforce coils are lasting far longer.

My kit came with a triple that lasted a few days, but I couldn't even try the quad because the threads were screwed up on it. I fired off a email to smok about the quad, and as I expected I got no response.

6 hours ago, hicksvilleshick said:

I'm having similar issues. I'm burning thru coils for the tfv4 left and right. Mine came with the rba and I tried it, but it's airflow is more restricted and I was still getting burnt cotton tasting hits. I've been using the clapton coils, and I think the next set I get I'll either go with the triples or quads. I've started tracking coil changes on my tablet, and it's insane how quickly they are burning out. My triforce coils are lasting far longer.

My kit came with a triple that lasted a few days, but I couldn't even try the quad because the threads were screwed up on it. I fired off a email to smok about the quad, and as I expected I got no response.

That's insane. I have not tried the quad or triple yet but They did come with the kit. But is it possible to clean prebuilt coils? Or is that only possible for build able coils? Because mine seem to be burning out every 2 days and I'm not burning at a high wattage or constantly. Would you suggest a trident tank? 

5 hours ago, Spencebuddy8970 said:

That's insane. I have not tried the quad or triple yet but They did come with the kit. But is it possible to clean prebuilt coils? Or is that only possible for build able coils? Because mine seem to be burning out every 2 days and I'm not burning at a high wattage or constantly. Would you suggest a trident tank? 

I can't say I could suggest a trident tank as I've never used one. I've only got the tfv4 and 2 triforce's. I can suggest the triforces, they have been awesome. The coils are far more consistent, I mean sure I've had maybe 2 or 3 doa and maybe 2 that I thought had short lifespans, but I've bought like 3 times as many triforce coils as I've had them longer and I still think I've had more failures with the tfv4 coils. Plus a triforce was my first tank other than a kanger tank, so I used the hell outta it at first, just pouring the juice down it. lol

Edited by hicksvilleshick

1 minute ago, hicksvilleshick said:

I can't say I could suggest a trident tank as I've never used one. I've only got the tfv4 and 2 triforce's. I can suggest the triforces, they have been awesome. The coils are far more consistent, I mean sure I've had maybe 2 or 3 doa and maybe 2 that I thought had short lifespans, but I've bought like 3 times as many triforce coils as I've had them longer and I still think I've had more failures with the tfv4 coils.

Okay thank you I will look into the trident! :)

It's sad cause I was stoked to get the tfv4 because of the wide range of available coils for it, I thought it would be far better. We'll see tho, next time around I'm going to order something other than the claptons and see how that goes. I've got a xcube II coming and plan to have a all smok rig so hopefully it works out because I really, REALLY like the top airflow, and it does function very well when the coils are working well.

If it doesn't I'll likely try to sell the damn thing off and get something else to ride the x cube.