Kamry K1000 E-Pipe

ExpyLoon

Hi. I stopped at my local vape shop/lounge on the way home tonight (I've never bought a vaping product before, the only one I ever had was a gift), and I was going to buy a Kamry K1000. After the dude asked be if I was looking for a pipe for "dry herb or vaping?" (?!?!?!) he goes to the only E pipe they carry, the K1000. Which is cool, it's what I was there to get. He didn't want to sell it to me because he said the coils have been discontinued and they need replaced every 2-3 weeks. Either he just wanted me to buy a pen-style or box mod, or my research was way out of date (I didn't think it was, but who knows?)

Fast background. I wanted a mechanical pipe, but it has to have a pipe shape as I'm a pipe smoker, and 2/3 of the experience is the pipe in my hands. I want the mechanical because I'm on a tight budget, and I've read the mechanicals last a lot longer than the 618s (which are in-budget). Something about they die after about 6 months. Mine died...lol I don't like the all-metal construction of the K1000, but it has the right shape, and I can't afford a good wooden mod. Maybe I can afford a custom churchwarden bit...lol (anyone make those?) I'm now considering maybe the K1000 Plus, but I'm not sure about the shape.

So, those of you who know pipes, or at least have a better Idea of where I should be researching, was he telling the truth? I would have thought any clearomizer that screwed into a 510 would work. Am I mistaken on that? Do I need to go with one of the not-very-pipe-shaped pipe mods? Or is the K1000 still a very viable purchase with readily available and robust parts like my own research indicated? Did my research suck?

Thanks!

Edited by ExpyLoon

I also did some research and the coils for a Kamry K1000 are readily available online, just because your local shop don't want to stock them don't mean you can't get them. I was just looking at some wood look Kamry K1000 online, and they go for $20 - $30.

Guess what, I've been using this set for about a year now. Needless to say, the whole atomizer is gone. But I found out that you can simply replace that with any 510 connection atomizer as long as the ohm is not too low. I use a subtank mini with the K1000 drip tip and it works really well.

6c96e3ccc785297a211515b8358dfad9.jpg