what gauge wire?

zwaankris01

Welcome to VT

Do you mean a Tugboat RDA?  For cotton, Japanese Organic Cotton has a very good following around here... brand/style is your preference.  As for wire gauge... it depends on what resistance you're trying to achieve and the type of coil you're planning to use.  I think you'll need to be more specific.

Well... you're new to vaping, but what are you trying to achieve with an RDA?  Are you trying to quit smoking, or are you just joining the fad of cloud-chasing.  I'm not a cloud-chaser, nor do I condone it in public places, but in the privacy of your own home... have at it :)

For flavor, you want to go with a higher resistance... 0.8 up to 2.0 Ohms.  For clouds... you an hit that easily with anything below 1.2 Ohms.  Personally, I prefer 28ga wire, but for larger coils (with low resistance), you may want to move to 24ga or 26ga, which are larger wire, but lower resistance.  I would suggest reading many of the threads on coil building and use a good online calculator like Steam-Engine to determine the number of wraps, based on the wire you're using and the mandrel you're using to wrap on.