E Cig Made In China

One complaint about the e-cigarette is that they are made in China.

According to the Dr Jonathan Whiteson:

...there's no proof that these cigarettes are safe. No proof whatsoever. They are made in China.

Meanwhile the The Denver Channel states:

The FDA is investigating why stores are selling e-cigarettes and a spokeswoman said they are seizing shipments in customs because most of the products are made in China.

(The same article stated that the American Cancer Society was concerned that the e-cigarettes contained nicotine. As opposed to the product they are replacing, which contains Arsenic, Formaldehyde, Ammonia, Acetone, Hydrogen Cyanide, Carbon Monoxide, tens of other carcinogens and thousands of other chemicals - and larger quantities of nicotine per puff!)

I don't think I even need to say how ridiculous this is. As one commenter said:

"...you report that the FDA is seizing shipments because they are made in China? All of our goods are made in China. That makes no sense."

Actually, all is an exaggeration. Head into a Walmart stall in America and only 70% of the goods there are from China or include a China component. (Source: Walmart Watch.)

It's actually so difficult to live without something made in China that someone wrote a book about it: A Year Without Made in China.

And its not just t-shirts that are made in China - China's pharmecutical industry doubled its exports to the USA between 2002 and 2005. It now dominates the antibiotics field, and has a major share in many vitamins, antibiotics, enzymes and painkillers.

But surely these, I can hear you cry, are properly regulated by the US Authorities?

No so, according to Mc Clatchy Newspapers:

The Chinese and Indian companies are all but exempt from oversight by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.

"Only 13 inspections were conducted in China in 2007," Rep. John Dingell, a Michigan Democrat who chairs the House Committee on Energy and Commerce, said at a hearing Nov. 1. "At this rate, it would take the FDA 55 years just to clear this backlog."

To argue that the electronic cigarette should be banned purely because it is made in China when much of our medicine is already imported from that country is illogical if not racist.

It also points to the lack of more convincing arguments that can be used against it by its detractors.

Ultimately the answer is not to ban the electronic cigarette, and remove the alternative to a lethal addiction for millions of smokers, but to push for stricter regulations on all health products imported from abroad.

Taken From: http://www.ashtrayblog.com/

• 2 weeks later...

There is the distinct possibility that there may be "melamine" in one or all of the parts of the device. Remember the melamine scare in baby formula, toothpaste and other edible items. Seems China has no problem with putting melamine in anything. Certainly is something to consider. :huh:

There is the distinct possibility that there may be "melamine" in one or all of the parts of the device. Remember the melamine scare in baby formula, toothpaste and other edible items. Seems China has no problem with putting melamine in anything. Certainly is something to consider. :huh:

Didn't hear anything about this, links?

here are some of the links:

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8...1856168,00.html

http://www.reuters.com/article/healthNews/...E5210EP20090302

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2008-0...d-formula_N.htm

http://www.rense.com/general76/mela.htm

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18841928/

Lastly, "What is Melamine?" You can still buy melamine unbreakable dishes from Target. DO NOT Microwave cuz they get hotter an hell and can burn your finger (i know from experience).

http://in.reuters.com/article/domesticNews...lBrandChannel=0

So my point is... Why wouldn't china put it in whatever they want then deal with FDA later? <_<

Sorry hate to be an alarmist, but just what is the material in the cart?

If you don't mind, I have a question... When you guys dry smoke, do you take all the material on the inside of the cart out and then just drip a few drops on the atomizer? Just how do you do it?

I don't understand... White bit? Are you talking about the material? Or the material and the white plastic piece that holds it? Also, how do you make sure you don't burn out the atomizer.. Like how long can you usually smoke before putting more liquid in?

I don't understand... White bit? Are you talking about the material? Or the material and the white plastic piece that holds it? Also, how do you make sure you don't burn out the atomizer.. Like how long can you usually smoke before putting more liquid in?

the entire cart with stuffing is removed.

Yes I too remove the deadly poisonous melamine stuffing from the cart. :D

When the vapor get's low add some more liquid.

As for the "white bit"...

PeeWee Model: There is a white plastic part inside the orange/black cart. Take a needle/paperclip and poke through the mouth peice. It will pop out. Now you have an empty cart

Penstyle: The white bit attached to the black tip comes off, it's a tough pull but it comes off. If you need any more help stop by the live area we're on :)

(link at the top of the forums)

When the vapor get's low add some more liquid.

As for the "white bit"...

PeeWee Model: There is a white plastic part inside the orange/black cart. Take a needle/paperclip and poke through the mouth peice. It will pop out. Now you have an empty cart

Penstyle: The white bit attached to the black tip comes off, it's a tough pull but it comes off. If you need any more help stop by the live area we're on :)

(link at the top of the forums)

Yeah... I checked it out earlier.... really neat seeing my frriends... I just wasnt ready to talk yet....

Hey PoppaC - go there and talk with them. I did this a.m. and around dinner time. It was fun. Actually you can go there as there are only those two and maybe one other at any given time so you have some freedom to just talk almost one on one.

You might run into me there I go by Princess (what a surprise eh?)

well you can't talk, only type :)

Don't listen to Sean if he gives you a hard time. He has the brain capacity of a peanut at times.

Talk / Type / Speak / Bark..... all the same to me! I'll get there eventually....

Hey PoppaC - go there and talk with them. I did this a.m. and around dinner time. It was fun. Actually you can go there as there are only those two and maybe one other at any given time so you have some freedom to just talk almost one on one.

You might run into me there I go by Princess (what a surprise eh?)

Princess?!? No surprize to me. You know what you know when it is true. When you are a princess you know it. That's what my other half reminds me on a regular basis.

I'll go back to the live feed, maybe Friday when I'm off... Meet you there with the President and vice-President. (Chris & Sean) :D:lol::)

ha ha I wish! I would have long term tests done on the juice right away then make sure the ban was never placed on ecigs. (on almost anything actually it's your choice not mine) :)

Friday I should be on some time in the morning and perhaps a little later at night. Best days to catch me is Tuesday and Wednesday, and Sean...well you just never know

• 1 month later...

If they had good quality control like we have in the US then it would not be a problem, but they really dont care!

Where do you get your ecigs and juice? does smokeless delite manufacture ecigs and juice or do you resell chinese products like everyone else? I dont expect and awnser.

Hey, is this an avatar change... cool, I like it...

I like it too!!

Glad it's not a ninja :D

Yes it is and thank you, just realized that the old one still said esmoketalk so I decided to make a new one, its Roland of Gilead (the gunslinger), the main character of Stephen King's Dark Tower series (my favorite books).

p.s. whats wrong with ninjas afraid my avatar is gonna attack yours while you sleep? ;);)