New to Temperature Control

duke9023

I just got a Joytech evic-vt and it's the first mod or experience with temp control... anyone got any wisdom for me? do you need a hotter temp for higher VG or Higher PG? is there any guidelines on hot high to go with temperature or what everything is so new to me working with the wattage and temperature together and trying to find the right spot 

Duke,

There really isn't a clear cut answer for your questions.  Your juice and vape style dictates the maximum temperature you can run.  Some juices like a bit more heat, others taste better cool, of course it all really comes down to personal preference. The amount of air you draw in also will change the settings a bit.  An open airy vape will be be cooler so your coil temp may have to be a bit higher to get the proper heat you are used to. The amount of air passing the coil, and how well it wicks will also change the temp.  As for PG/VG, I really don't know....  I run the same temp on my 80vg/20pg as I do my 50/50.  It is the same flavor though.

On 2 of my temp mods it takes quite a bit of tinkering.  I set my watts pretty high and my temp pretty low and slowly raise the temp until it gets pretty close.  If your mod is constantly going into temp control, start backing off of the watts until it is not hitting the temp control every once and a while.  This will insure that when you do a poor wicking or a dry tank, you will not get a nasty dry hit.

Just mess with it a while and as you have questions, come back and ask.  There are a few of us that have been messing with this stuff and would be happy to help.  Since this technology has not been out too long, we are all newbies, of sorts.  I am really of the opinion that it is worth the little extra work in the beginning, to get a super consistent vape.

Welcome Duke. Why don't you head on over to the rebuildable section in the forum. There is a section called "Lets talk temp control" and another called "My temp control experience". Both are great and could most likely give you some insight into some of your questions. Look forward to seeing you there.