Gold Band Joye 510 Atty

I'm looking for a clarification and or reviews of the "Gold Band" joye 510 atty. Is this a better atty with possible longer life ?

I am a pretty heavy dripper at 3.7v and I seem do be burning through Standard joye 510 attys in about a week. Whether I clean them or not. My cleaning process is putting them in hot (Just under boiling) water for about an hour and then draining them overnight. About half never come back !

I have heard rumblings that the gold bands perform better and last longer.

Le'me have it VT vapors !!!

Let me clear this up.

The Joye 510 gold band atomizers are created only for TW, Janty, Diet Smokes and now we carry them. Possibly for a limited time. They are put together a little different but essentially are similar to the normal Joye 510 atomizers.

As for joye atomizers dieing after a one week of use, you must be really working those things. I don't recommened cleaning your atomizers with ANYTHING unless there is no other choice. Cleaning seems to be hit and miss with atomizers. For the most part use them, once they are dead chuck em :)

Let me clear this up.

The Joye 510 gold band atomizers are created only for TW, Janty, Diet Smokes and now we carry them. Possibly for a limited time. They are put together a little different but essentially are similar to the normal Joye 510 atomizers.

As for joye atomizers dieing after a one week of use, you must be really working those things. I don't recommened cleaning your atomizers with ANYTHING unless there is no other choice. Cleaning seems to be hit and miss with atomizers. For the most part use them, once they are dead chuck em :)

It isn't even a good idea to run water through them? I've been using three atties. I've been taking turns using them and washing them with a water pick. I give two days to dry after washing one.

It isn't even a good idea to run water through them? I've been using three atties. I've been taking turns using them and washing them with a water pick. I give two days to dry after washing one.

I think the best advice I've seen on cleaning is every night (I never remember) place them batt side up, hole down and let the whatever juice is there drain away from the wick naturally...

Let me clear this up.

As for joye atomizers dieing after a one week of use, you must be really working those things. I don't recommened cleaning your atomizers with ANYTHING unless there is no other choice. Cleaning seems to be hit and miss with atomizers. For the most part use them, once they are dead chuck em smile.gif

@ Chris,

I will say that yes, when they die, chuck them in the garbage, but I had just 1 510 until I bought more and that 1 atty is still going strong. I clean them in boiling water every 3 days. Works like new every time. I understand everyone is diff as for how they use their atty's and I am no diff. I just use care when cleaning and all. I still have that 1 (even after the crap that happened to me) and its still like new. (except for the black which is scraping off due to me using tweezers). Plus for the $ you have to dish out on them, if you can make them last as long as you can, do it. Just MHO here.

Thanks guys for the great reply's (AHHH, poetry) ! I think I will try just blowing them clear occasionally and keep vaping till they quit.

I was also vaping some coffee flavored juice that was pretty thick and really dark. I think that may have had an adverse effect. I'm on a new atty now that has been working for a few days without clogging (Gummed up, not the wooden shoe dance)...... We'll see how long it lasts.

Christopher, do you stock the gold band because you think they perform better, have a longer life or look cooler ?!?!?!?!?

Thanks guys for the great reply's (AHHH, poetry) ! I think I will try just blowing them clear occasionally and keep vaping till they quit.

I was also vaping some coffee flavored juice that was pretty thick and really dark. I think that may have had an adverse effect. I'm on a new atty now that has been working for a few days without clogging (Gummed up, not the wooden shoe dance)...... We'll see how long it lasts.

Christopher, do you stock the gold band because you think they perform better, have a longer life or look cooler ?!?!?!?!?

I do think they perform better personally, but I stock them because we're one of the few that can. :)

I think the best advice I've seen on cleaning is every night (I never remember) place them batt side up, hole down and let the whatever juice is there drain away from the wick naturally...

I've been doing that after I wash them out with water from my water pick. I have three atties now but I plan on having seven. I want to use an atty for one day, clean it out with the water pick, blow the water out, place it batt side up to drain, and then use another one the next day. I would have an atty for each day of the week. So, every atty will get a week to drain and dry. Hopefully that will keep crud from building up as fast.

Edited by Schizophretard

At the end of the day it's whatever works best for you :)

I personally have tried many, many ways to clean atomizers and finally decided using them for one month and throwing them is just the best bet. (I also only use one flavor per atomizer by the way)

What benefits have you seen by using one flavor per atomizer?

Well since we are talking about cleaning atty's now, and I have had great luck with mine, I'll throw in my cleaning method. I... well... I do nothing. I'll blow one out if I flood it and occasionally dry burn one, but thats about it. I've had one die on me because a battery decided to stay on after using it, one DOA that gave massive throat hit but no vapor at all, noticed the wicking sticking out all over the place and pulled it out with tweezers, which from what I read is hit or miss, and I thought I killed one by cleaning it, but brought it back to life by boiling it in water then sticking it in the oven and baking it.

From what I have noticed from people that post their experiences, those that clean their atty's tend to go through more than those that don't. Oh, and I mix flavors on mine. I would dedicate one per flavor, but I can't even keep carts straight so I'd mix em up. Some flavors take a while (a day for coffee) to get out of the atty but hey, I'm still getting nic!

Well since we are talking about cleaning atty's now, and I have had great luck with mine, I'll throw in my cleaning method. I... well... I do nothing. I'll blow one out if I flood it and occasionally dry burn one, but thats about it. I've had one die on me because a battery decided to stay on after using it, one DOA that gave massive throat hit but no vapor at all, noticed the wicking sticking out all over the place and pulled it out with tweezers, which from what I read is hit or miss, and I thought I killed one by cleaning it, but brought it back to life by boiling it in water then sticking it in the oven and baking it.

From what I have noticed from people that post their experiences, those that clean their atty's tend to go through more than those that don't. Oh, and I mix flavors on mine. I would dedicate one per flavor, but I can't even keep carts straight so I'd mix em up. Some flavors take a while (a day for coffee) to get out of the atty but hey, I'm still getting nic!

Travis the only benefit i see to boiling is changing flavors or burnt taste removal. I think it does lower the life of my atties if I add up all the ones I have tossed its one dead every two weeks roughly with all my ecigs total except the Vapor King you use more with cartomizer models but they are cheaper but I cant get two weeks out of one of those either but they cost 25% less than a cheap atty .3-7 refills is all I get on those and I have used 12 so far..But I toss mine if they produce low vapor or die all together.

Travis the only benefit i see to boiling is changing flavors or burnt taste removal. I think it does lower the life of my atties if I add up all the ones I have tossed its one dead every two weeks roughly with all my ecigs total except the Vapor King you use more with cartomizer models but they are cheaper but I cant get two weeks out of one of those either but they cost 25% less than a cheap atty .3-7 refills is all I get on those and I have used 12 so far..But I toss mine if they produce low vapor or die all together.

I guess I wasn't really clear in my post. By "I thought I killed one" I didn't mean that the atty didn't produce, it just started giving me the burnt taste for some reason. I figured if I was going to throw it away anyway, I wouldn't hurt anything by boiling/baking it. That was 3 weeks ago and I'm still using that atty now. (Okay, so actually the only atty I've been using is the one on my spade, but before it got here I still used that atty). If an atomizer quits producing vapor, I'll probably toss it, but if it's going to be tossed I might play with cleaning one then. It's not like you can hurt something you are planning on throwing away.

The advantage to using one flavor per atty (what I do as well) is you get one 'clean' flavor. You don't get a chocolate, grape, whatever flavors you vape mixed together. I didn't like switching flavors and then not really getting the full extent of the 'new' flavor. I'd be vaping grape, then get a new flavor, say Green Tea; It would take me a couple hours maybe even longer depending on the flavor to actually see what it tastes like.

The advantage to using one flavor per atty (what I do as well) is you get one 'clean' flavor. You don't get a chocolate, grape, whatever flavors you vape mixed together. I didn't like switching flavors and then not really getting the full extent of the 'new' flavor. I'd be vaping grape, then get a new flavor, say Green Tea; It would take me a couple hours maybe even longer depending on the flavor to actually see what it tastes like.

That probably explains why whenever I have a buffet in my atty it starts tasting like crayons. :icecream: I have all the samples from Arno and Christopher, so I'm going to need a bunch of atties. Maybe I should buy them in bulk from Parked.