510 Direct Drip Cart Mod

Schizophretard

510 Direct Drip Cart Mod

Ok, I'm a noobie so I don't know if this mod has been done before. If so then please let me know.

I've been going back and forth between toping off carts and direct dripping. One of the problems I noticed with direct dripping is the 510 cart has little vents that go all the way down into the atty. When I take a drag after dripping it has a tendency to suck up the juice into the vents. It causes a gurgling sound, makes it harder to get a good hit, causes the atty to dry off quicker, and floods the atty when the juice flows back into it after building up. What I basically did was create a hole from the mouth piece into the liquid chamber and closed up the vents. This is how I did it:

1)I took the fluval polyfill wool whatever stuff out of the cart, cleaned the cart in warm water, blew out as much of the water I could from both ends, and dried the inside and outside with a Q-tip.

2)I got a small nail slightly wider than the mouth piece hole and nailed it into the mouth piece hole creating a hole in the liquid chamber then pulled out the nail.

3)I used the nail to pull out the two little liquid catcher pieces at the mouth hole by putting the nail in at an angle.

4)I got a screw wider than my new hole, screwed it into my new hole, and then unscrewed it. This made my new hole bigger. Duh!

5)I decided to not put the two little liquid catcher pieces back on because it makes it easier for me to identify this modified cart when it is mixed in with other carts and it hits better without them.

6)I put a drop of super glue into each of the vent holes and sat it on my desk for about 20 mins to let it dry.

7)I put the cart in my mouth, put a finger over the atty end, and sucked on it to make sure it is air tight.

8)I added 3 drops into my atty, put on the modified cart, and tested it.

9)I'M HAPPY!!!

10)I added a tenth step because 10 is a nice round number like the 10 Commandments or the Bill of Rights. ;)

• 1 month later...

Must see a pic or a vid...something? Description is good, but orange stoly is preventing me from understanding!!! ;-)

I would send a picture if I could find my camera. My simple explanation is that there is a hole from the mouth piece to the inside of the cart. So, if you held the cart up to a light and looked in it then you would see through it. The two little vents that the air usually goes through are clogged up with super glue. Get it?

I would send a picture if I could find my camera. My simple explanation is that there is a hole from the mouth piece to the inside of the cart. So, if you held the cart up to a light and looked in it then you would see through it. The two little vents that the air usually goes through are clogged up with super glue. Get it?

Got it - now only hungover so it makes sense. But what are the "two little liquid catcher pieces"? Something visible on the cart?