Totally Wicked Sale

Good Morning! Earlier today, I started doing some research on mixing my own flavors, and that led to a search for some strong nicotine e-liquid to use as a base. That led me to Totally Wicked where I found a 54 mg fluid meant to be cut down with your choice of PG or VG and a flavoring. (i.e. exactly what I was looking for.) I was happy to see that it was 30% off, and then I realized that everything there is 30% off through Dec 8. It seems to me that their prices are a bit high to begin with, but if this is how they want to celebrate their 1st anniversary in the U.S., I believe there are some deals to be found.

Are the Titan 510 atty's the same as the Joye510? I've heard they are, but are they the same manufacturer? Looks like a pretty good price of $35 shipped for 5 atty's. If they're not the same manufacturer, has anyone used them?

Are the Titan 510 atty's the same as the Joye510? I've heard they are, but are they the same manufacturer? Looks like a pretty good price of $35 shipped for 5 atty's. If they're not the same manufacturer, has anyone used them?

No idea if they are the same. Knowing they were doing 30% this weekend I bought some 801 attys and a 510 atty off them two weeks ago. Seems okay so far, 801s are not drawing real good but I think that's my janty stick and the juice I'm using. 510 ended up with a burnt taste but that might have been my fault, when juiced it's fine. So sorry for the confusing info, I ended up ordering a ton of 510 (Titan) stuff. Be aware if ordering the 5 packs there is no warranty. Just go ahead and send them a note or chat on line and ask. Very quick response when I asked if the 801s were high or low bridge (low BTW).

They are the same, but I believe I read a post in VT about Totally Wicked not having a guarantee on "bulk" items. at least its not the same as their starter kits and other stuff. That person had the first two attys go bad, and no recourse. From everything I've read, people like TW for their juice. I'll still be buying my hardware from the VT store and ElectroNic Stix.

I ordered the 5pk of 510 atty's. I know about the "warrenty" and really, I can get them to work. Its just that I have to boil them and re-moisten them. The crap from the manufacture has some bad stuff they put into the atty's and @ times it gums up a tad.

I always look at the atty's b4 using anyways.

@FTJoe - Love the Joker cat man!

I ordered the 5pk of 510 atty's. I know about the "warrenty" and really, I can get them to work. Its just that I have to boil them and re-moisten them. The crap from the manufacture has some bad stuff they put into the atty's and @ times it gums up a tad.

I always look at the atty's b4 using anyways.

stubear, If you wouldn't mind sharing your technique, I'd appreciate it. Do you put something in the water? How long do you let them "cook"? Do you use a dry rub or a marinade? :wacko: etc. Or, if you've explained it before, please point me to that post, Thanks!

Sorry, FTJoe, i feel like i stepped on your toes a little bit. I saw Brian's post and jumped to respond so he knew about the warranty before he ordered. I didn't see that you'd already warned him.

NP - Glad you did - my warning was buried amid my usual ramblings...

stubear, If you wouldn't mind sharing your technique, I'd appreciate it. Do you put something in the water? How long do you let them "cook"? Do you use a dry rub or a marinade? :wacko: etc. Or, if you've explained it before, please point me to that post, Thanks!

Hi, I know this was asked of Stu, but I'm nosey.

There several posts on the subject of cleaning...

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/2475-cleaning-attys/

http://www.vaportalk.com/forum/forum/index.php?/topic/2111-when-do-i-need-to-clean-my-atomizer/

Me personally, I wash in a little grain alcohol first, then into a pot of boiling water (should be distilled but I use tap) for ten minutes. I suspend with a wooden spoon or screen so then don't touch the bottom of the pan and pick up the heat directly. Blow them out from the battery end, let dry on a paper towel (some say for 24 hours but I usually only wait a few). Just make sure you juice them up before sparking them up.

The only thing I do is boil for 15 minutes. Thats it.

I use nothing else, no way no how.. LOL

I let air dry for 24 + hrs and put in 2 drops of VG(nothing added in the VG) take 2 to 3 puffs, add another 2 drops take 2 to 3 puffs and repeat one more time.

DONE!

I use a slotted (big) spoon to keep them off the bottom of the pot.

I also look at them after they are dry with a jewelers eye glass and small light inside to see how clean they are.

If still a littl discolored then that would be the first one to use and for only 2 days. Its like a system.

The cleaner they are, the longer I can use b4 re-cleaning.

I have NEVER lost an atty to cleaning this way.

I forgot one thing, you MUST be careful and watch that the water doesn't "steam" away. (this happens) and I let them sit in the water after the time until the water is cool enough for me to put my fingers in. (sorry)

Edited by stubear62

That is good information guys. I never thought to clean a new atty for a better break-in experience :withstupid:

One other thing that I do is drop them back into the white liquor (everclear, vodka, whatever) after boiling them, to help them dry quicker ( I am impatient ). Then I blow them out and drip heavily before firing them up. :punk:

I had read about cleaning the atty on some other threads, but didn't think I need to worry about for a while. Also, in Chris' beginner's guide I think he said never boil them, the I saw that a lot people do, then there were discussions of other ways to clean them. Given all that, I figured I'd worry about it later. However, I do have one new atty that just not right, so I'm trying it. It's cooling as we speak.

@Stu - You saying you boil you atty's after a couple of days use? Always (or most of the time)?

Thanks for the info, guys! And BTW FTJoe, your avatar is freaking me out!

Heath Ledger played the Joker perfectly, the cat comes a close second. Why so serious? LOL I got in trouble once for an animated avatar, hopefully this one is okay...

Edited by FTJoe

One other thing that I do is drop them back into the white liquor (everclear, vodka, whatever) after boiling them, to help them dry quicker

I actually everclear first then boil. I didn't like the everclear taste that stuck to the atty.