Straw Mod Question.

SmokinHammer

I found the straw mod under the "Auto Drip Mod" topic, and thought I'd like to give it a try. I'm sure I'll try the ADM too. I have plenty of time on my hands since I'm still recovering from my foot surgery. (Plenty of time to sit around and vape!) Here's my question... If you've tried the straw mod, what did you use as the straw itself? It seems to me that a cocktail straw is a little flimsy. The guy in the video cut up a knock-off Q-tip that had a hollow plastic rod, so I looked for those at the drugstore this morning, but no luck. I don't have the ability to go out and search the hobby and hardware stores right now. So give me some ideas, please!

BTW... After trying to find the proper kind of cotton swab this morning, I went to sit and wait for my prescriptions. My foot was getting sore. I was getting a little irritated, and I just wanted to go home, take some pain meds, and relax. I thought, "Well, If Keenan can vape in the hospital, I'm sure as heck gonna vape here." And I puffed away, and nobody said a word.

The guy in the video cut up a knock-off Q-tip that had a hollow plastic rod, so I looked for those at the drugstore this morning, but no luck. I don't have the ability to go out and search the hobby and hardware stores right now. So give me some ideas, please!

I couldn't find them at the drug store either, they were mostly the brand name kind with cardboard or paper based swabs. I found them in the grocery store drug aisle. Must only be the really cheap knock offs are plastic :)

I just happen to have some lying around when I read this and gave it a try. It works really good! I think I picked the q-tips up at the grocery store. After poking around with this, though, I think the coffee stir will work just fine.

I didn't trim off any of the "wool" and it still worked fine.

Some people use coffee stir sticks found at your local conveinience store coffee kiosk,I have seen some people cut the end off of the little rubber cart cap and stick that in there ,some use ink pen springs.The idea is to make a big hollow space under a little patch of poly and the poly is supposed to meter it through to the atty bridge.The liquid is thick and should not all flow out if you get the right amount of poly.I personally don't think it is worth the effort as the carts seem to me to do what they are supposed to and when they don't don't it is usally because the poly is melting and needs to be replaced or turned around.

I have had GREAT success with a 7-11 (can i mention them here?) coffee straw cut just slightly shorter than the IL (internal length) of the cartridge and then cut in 1/2 lengthwise with the end that goes at the bottom of the cart cut at a 45 degree angle. I also cut the bottom half of the filler out. here's a pic that may help... if you have seen these types of carts then it should make sense, anyway i get great flow but not too much and can vape for an hour or more without adding juice and get great billowing clouds :) I mostly use the 901 carts on a 510 atty and fit around 15 - 18 drops in a dry cart with PG, and maybee 10 - 13 drops with VG. enjoy.