Fda: E-Cigarettes Bad, But Not Banned

Christopher

This is a good article, but much more of the same BS that has been published in the past. Also, the July 2009 publishing date puts this a bit out of date. However, it is good to be reminded what the anti-smoking crowd, that doesnt understand, or want to understand, what e-cigarettes are, are attempting to do. Its not about health, it never has been. Its about power, money, and controlling other peoples lives. Its about pushing a non-smoking agenda by any means possible. Anything that looks like a cigarette or acts like a cigarette must be banned at all costs, even if it is not a cigarette and has perceived health benefits.

Im also sick and tired of the; We must protect the children BS that gets parroted in every article written about e-cigs. E-cigs are an adult product and should not be sold to anyone under the age of 18, period. I will echo the sentiment of many who have written on this subject before me that; Just because something tastes good, doesnt mean that Adults dont want to use it and it is specifically targeted at children. This thinking is illogical at its base; however, it is the major rallying cry from the anti-smoking crowd.

Unfortunately, we live in a society governed by ignorance. Educating ones self and researching political and social topics is no longer in vogue. Jumping on a band wagon lead by some moron with an agenda is the popular way to achieve political and social change. In this He who can shout the loudest wins mindset that is sweeping the world, the only thing that wins is ignorance.

We need to keep this in mind as we continue to work for the rights of people to use e-cigs. All research will be ignored. All logical arguments will be ignored. The only thing that will get attention is shouting, and shouting loudly. E-cig users are a very small segment of the population. We dont have the numbers, money, or power to shout loudly and will eventually loose on all fronts.

I think the best thing we can do as a community would be to urge manufactures to change the look of their product line. Quit calling them e-cigarettes. We need to separate ourselves from anything having to do with cigarettes. Products need to be re-tooled as to not look anything like a cigarette as well. From my personal experience, I get a lot of dirty looks when I use my Joye 510 or a BE103 in public. But when I use my Silver Bullet or a Nic-O-Stick in public, I get a lot of questions and positive responses. I can only assume that a Silver Bullet or a Nic-O-Stick does not look like a cigarette and doesnt carry the same stigma.

Cigarettes are the actual enemy. Lets get away from them entirely. Dont make products that look like cigarettes. Vaping is not smoking. Personal Vaporizers need to be made to look like something other than a cigarette and we need to start using the term Personal Vaporizer instead of E-Cigarette if we ever expect them to remain available in the future.

Edited by CNubel

Here is a personal thought that ran through my mind while I was reading the post, they are worried about nicotine hardening veins and being a poison and it seems as if that is their major argument... that you cannot SUPPOSEDLY regulate the amount of nicotine that is ingested by the user... Wouldn't it be easier and better to make requirements where the niquid cannot be over a certain level (i.e. 5-8mg) rather than trying to ban and condemn the entire damn E-Cigarette business? I don't see them trying to police people that have 8 nicotine patches stuck to their ***, which is way more than the recommended dosage. Perhaps they should issue one patch per 12-24 hours. Or how about they issue out two pieces of Nicorette gum every 4-6 hours!

As you all probably already know my stance on why certain people want to ban the E-Cig, I still hold the same hypothesis: It has nothing to do with health of the people but rather it has to do with all that lost money made from selling tobacco products. I think my next step will have to be a video review of the FDA and tobacco companies... :thumbsup:

I hate the argument, "If you look at how smokeless products are marketed, they are sold as something to use at times you can't smoke. The implication is you will increase nicotine exposure, not reduce smoking." That's totally false...Some people may use it like this, but most people I know have completely quit smoking and switched to a healthier form of nicotine intake.

• 2 weeks later...