elvt really puts out

igotit

im running a elvt 15w with a vamped 40 amp burst 18650 4.6v max output....tested on my ampro multimeter.

I just bought a panzer and a 4.6v 18650 vtc4 30 amp burst batt.

on my elvt I been vaping a ehpro kay fun lite plus,1.7 ohm coil,11.5 w 4 v.

vapor and flavor is good....not a cloud chaser....but very satisfied.

I was told by the local vape shop my elvt was holding me back from gaining more vape and flavor......that's where the panzer came into play.

onto the point....my elvt smokes the panzer,running kay fun and even the same battery.

same 1.7 coil,same 40 amp battery.

I hooked up panzer with 40 amp to my eleaf ohm/volt reader,im putting out 4.3 volts when fired.

I hooked up my elvt....6.3 volts when fired at 11.5 watts.

I thought a mech like the panzer gave you full battery power........why does my elvt on 11.5 w smoke the panzer on straight batt?

the elvt must have a capacitor that boost up the voltage and possibly wattage.

the elvts down fall....the computer wont let her fire lower than 1.4-1.5 ohm coil.

if I build a .5 ohm in the panzer/kayfun....the elvt don't stand a chance.if I build a .9 ohm coil,the kay fun /panzer combo keeps up with the elvt/kay fun 1.7 combo.

on .7ohm the panzer has better flavor and more throat hit.

im burning salty dog perfect melon 3mg nic 50/50 blend.

does this sound strange to you guys?

Edited by igotit

This makes total sense.

With your mechanical mod (Panzer) you are putting out a nominial 3.7v with a 1.7ohm coil. This only generates 8 watts of power.

On you elvt you set it at 11.5 watts this means the boost circuit inside your elvt boosts the battery voltage from 3.7 to 4.4Volts. There are also many other variables in an electronic box. If it is calculating the wattage based on Mean rather than RMS the output could even be greater.

The low ohm coils on your Panzer is why you use a mechanical mod. It is to overcome the electronic restrictions that the elvt puts in place for safety.

With your .5 ohm coil it is putting out 27 watts.

I really don't know your experience level with electronics, or mechanical mods, but don't forget ohm's law.

Please read this post on ohm's law:

and use these calculators (or a phone app) to do the calculations: http://www.ohmslawcalculator.com/ohms_law_calculator.php or http://www.steam-engine.org/ohm.asp

Remember, on a mechanical mod the only way you can make a hotter vape is to lower the resistance (ohms) of the coil to produce more watts. On the elvt you can only go so low on your coil, but the voltage can be turned up higher than the battery voltage because of Pulse Width Modulation, but it has a voltage limit on the top end for safety.

I hope this is a little clearer than mud....