i officially hate vtc 4-5

christov11

When they test the batteries I believe they test for continuous amps anywhere from 2 minutes up to 10 minutes so for vaping purposes any amps you draw below that continuous rating should be no problem whatsoever. I don't know any vapers that can take 2 minute drags off their device. So really the pulse rating is closer to what you can push on it I think. Those go in the 40A-60A range. I'm just becoming a fan of regulated box mods and now that 150-200W ones are out there you really can stick one or two 30A batteries in it and feel safe. I've never even had a battery get warm beyond the heat from my hand. I don't stick them in my pocket so I'm not worried about one firing nonstop in my pants. I always put batteries in the plastic cases too. I think it's mostly just common sense and making sure you don't have shorts in your build and devices. I don't see many people these days using the flashlight 18650's and not using an ohm meter to test their builds so that's good.

thats 24g by the way, if you're using 22 then probably not gonna work.

I have a soft spot for 24g too! 22-20 seems to have too much ramp up time for my taste since i look for 0.2ohms. going super sub ohm would change that but ... not really my cup of tea.

didnt get to rebuilding last night... hopefully i find some time today, those coils are getting gunky :S

how many wraps is that? 10 or 12? im not sure i counted right lol

Edited by christov11

what kind of box mods did you look at, and which one did you go for? Im actualy slowly going towards that... just for the ease of mind that it will last me all day without a doubt where as with regular 18650 mod towards the end of the day.

I think I looked at all of them at one point but I've settled on IPV 2 and IPV 3. I have two of the version 2 and will have 2 of the version 3. They work great and the price is not insane for what you get. I've got a darkstar 40 now on preorder since I waited for 4 months on the 30 watt and never got it. They had production issues but I realize it's not a mass produced foreign made thing. It's going to be a slow process and it's about the price of two IPV 3's but I love the sweet carbon fiber finish they offer and it's got the LED screen on the front of the box. Better buttons and of course the evolv chips. Lower power but feature wise I know it's going to be sweet.

I think I looked at all of them at one point but I've settled on IPV 2 and IPV 3. I have two of the version 2 and will have 2 of the version 3. They work great and the price is not insane for what you get. I've got a darkstar 40 now on preorder since I waited for 4 months on the 30 watt and never got it. They had production issues but I realize it's not a mass produced foreign made thing. It's going to be a slow process and it's about the price of two IPV 3's but I love the sweet carbon fiber finish they offer and it's got the LED screen on the front of the box. Better buttons and of course the evolv chips. Lower power but feature wise I know it's going to be sweet.

I really like the looks of the IPV3. I really like that it has 2-18650's. I am not a huge power guy, but the added battery life would be nice. I also like the shape of the box.

I think I could get by with a 50 watt box, but the added battery and the relatively little price difference has me leaning toward the IPV3.