New to the forum, been vaping for a while but have few Q's

kree8iv

Hey all, I've been vaping for about 6 months now using an MVP 2.0 with Davide BDC clearomizer. I've become interested in purchasing a mechanical mod with RDA although I have never used either before. I work with electronics so although I've built a coil or used a mechanical mod before I'm confident in my ability to do so. However, the questions I have involve the differences in the hit that a mechanical mod with RDA produces. Such as how is the temperature of the hit and the strength of flavor or nicotine different in a mechanical mod as opposed to a VV?

Oh and btw, although I don't have experience with mechanical mods, through my research I have come across the AR mod by Tac Mods USA and have developed a liking for it (although it's $180 online; $210 at my local shop). But as Ive said before Im not sure how I would like the hit it produces.

Anyways thanks for reading, I hope to hear some good advice!

edit: have not built a coil*

It really depends on your build. For example, I run a 0.2 ohm build, which is pretty low so it produces a lot more vapor, because of that I use 4-6mg of nicotine in my juices. The flavor on an RDA is amazing. I use Japanese cotton for my wicks.

In all, you can fully customize the hit you want depending on how you build your coils. Just make sure the batteries you use support them. I only use 30amp batteries, most of my builds pull between 15-25amps so 30 amp batteries are safe.

Builds I like.

Flavor: Dual twisted 30gauge parallels. 5-7wrap.

Clouds: Dual 20gauge 5wraps

All Day Vape(decent clouds and flavor balance): Dual 24g 5-7wraps.

I hope that helps a little bit. I also would suggest checking into other mods, I like the AR but prefer many others. That said, what works for you, works for you! Happy vaping!

Edited by Vaporsmith

Thanks for the tips Vaporsmith

what you said reminded me of some very important questions I had that I forgot to mention. I also would like if someone could help explain to me (in your opinion) how different batteries, wire gauges, types of wicked, etc, effect your hits

thanks again

Thanks for the tips Vaporsmith

what you said reminded me of some very important questions I had that I forgot to mention. I also would like if someone could help explain to me (in your opinion) how different batteries, wire gauges, types of wicked, etc, effect your hits

thanks again

The important thing about batteries is getting good ones with legitimate ratings. I use Sony VTC4 and VTC5 batteries (30amp.) If your build is pulling 18amps, don't use a 10amp battery. Wire gauge determines resistance per wrap. Thin wire like 30g has more resistance per inch than thicker wire like 20g. I use between 26-20 gauge wire because its thicker, meaning less resistance. Since its less resistance and so thick I get a lot more surface area while maintaing the low ohms I prefer (0.2ohms roughly.) The reason I use Japanese cotton is because its the cleanest natural cotton to use. I have also used typical organic, rayon, and ss mesh, and to me, Japanese cotton wins on flavor hands down.

Now with building, there is a million ways to build, position, and wick coils based on your rda of choice. It really depends on your goal. For clouds, some nice super nanos in a bed of cotton will do it. For flavor, I like nano dragon coils. It's all personal preference.

Edited by Vaporsmith