Need Some Help Getting The Wife Off Analogs

jmhester

Well I'm still working on the wifey to get off the analogs. I just bought her a carton last night to the tune of $58! But that's not the issue. I want her to be healthy and live a long, long time.

Here's what I've tried so far: Repainted the interior of the house to rid it off all the tar stains and made her promise to stop smoking in the house. No luck. She still smokes in the house.

Second, I bought her a cute pink 801. No luck. She coughs when she tries to use it.

Third, bought some automatic batteries for my 510 figuring it's more like a standard cigarette in size, etc. She's OK but still coughs like crazy when she tries to use it.

She was OK with the Smoke 51 but of course, it crapped out pretty quickly. Now I'm thinking of trying out a mini. If she liked the Smoke 51 then maybe a really good mini would work. What are the best minis to try out?

Also, any suggestions as to why she is coughing on very short drags? Bear in mind, she is a typical female and will not listen to a single word I say. Cunning is the name of this game! :whistle:

My wife had the SAME problem JM. E cigs made her throat dry and cough. I told her it did the SAME to me, you just have to get USED to it. She is going to try it again soon, as cigs are way too expensive, but i think its the Female lack of will going on here. OK, all you ladies out there can start BASHING Keenan now. LOL :punk:

Hey JM, we live close enough to each other, we should get together and FORCE them to (jk). I live in lakeland

Edited by keenan

I have been working with my Mom on this same issue too... She won't cut back on smoking cigs long enough to give her lungs half the chance to accept vapor.. I told her the whole deal about how it's harsh for the lungs for the first couple of days, especially when one has been smoking a ton. With all that said, I have still not found the right method to encourage her through it.. My Mom has smoked for 45 years, and her lungs are pretty trashed. She has coughing fits when she's tried the 510 I got her, so I ordered her up the VP1, as the 801 atty's are way smoother. IMO the 801 attys are the smoothest, especially if smaller tokes are taken. Hopefully this will work, I've tried the reasoning that she should take smaller puffs, and acustom her lungs over a day or two. Her VP1 comes in 2morrow, so we will see when I bring it to her in the evening. At this poing all I can say is Good Luck to the three of us, and extra patience and inspiring words for us to give..

My wife had the SAME problem JM. E cigs made her throat dry and cough. I told her it did the SAME to me, you just have to get USED to it. She is going to try it again soon, as cigs are way too expensive, but i think its the Female lack of will going on here. OK, all you ladies out there can start BASHING Keenan now. LOL :punk:

Hey JM, we live close enough to each other, we should get together and FORCE them to (jk). I live in lakeland

Seems like there are lots of Tampa area folks on the board. We should meet up in Ybor and have a "Vape In". :P

Seems like there are lots of Tampa area folks on the board. We should meet up in Ybor and have a "Vape In". :P

LOL ! Sounds like a plan. I havent been to Ybor in years ( Im not much of a partier, used to when I was in a band ). About the only time I get over the Tampa way is when the Rays are playin, Im a baseball addict ( die hard Mets fan though ).

Well I'm still working on the wifey to get off the analogs. I just bought her a carton last night to the tune of $58! But that's not the issue. I want her to be healthy and live a long, long time.

Here's what I've tried so far: Repainted the interior of the house to rid it off all the tar stains and made her promise to stop smoking in the house. No luck. She still smokes in the house.

Second, I bought her a cute pink 801. No luck. She coughs when she tries to use it.

Third, bought some automatic batteries for my 510 figuring it's more like a standard cigarette in size, etc. She's OK but still coughs like crazy when she tries to use it.

She was OK with the Smoke 51 but of course, it crapped out pretty quickly. Now I'm thinking of trying out a mini. If she liked the Smoke 51 then maybe a really good mini would work. What are the best minis to try out?

Also, any suggestions as to why she is coughing on very short drags? Bear in mind, she is a typical female and will not listen to a single word I say. Cunning is the name of this game! :whistle:

I had the same problem when I started, the coughing and choking. Took a couple days for me to settle into it. I had this boyfriend and we both were going to quit smoking, cold turkey. It just frustrated me that it was so easy for him. However, now that I think back, he was probably cheating during the day. I also had the same thing with losing weight, guy lost a ton, I lost barely anything. Same as those silly commercials. Like men, women too have to think we came up with the "idea." I think it is a game we play with each other.

Maybe a nice chat with another woman, that has made the switch, will lend a little help. I am willing to chat with her if you would like. I am not really sure if a more "mini" style would do the trick. Really hard to say. I am surprised that the 801 didn't work. I find the vapor much more smooth and not so harsh.

Good luck to you on your quest to get your wife to give up the analogs. Tell her, that I am supporting her and I hope she reaches that goal soon.

I haven't completely switched off analogs, so I don't know if I am the right person to give an opinion. Also, I am trying to make the switch while I have a cold with a nasty cough. But here goes anyway...

I would say try to work it in gradually. My goal is to cut down on analogs to the point of making a final switch, but I have not put myself on a time line and this was my idea not my husbands (maybe that helps LOL). I have had the coughing problem sometimes, sometimes because of the cold but other times the e-cig does give more of a throat hit. Maybe if you could find a way to make it fun so she doesn't feel any pressure or expectations. Has she joined Vapor Talk? Sometimes talking to someone other than your spouse helps. I try to tell my husband something he isn't all that jazzed about it, but if he hears the same exact thing from someone else all of a sudden it is the greatest idea. :rolleyes2:

Boy, you really opened yourself up to female ire... LOL :whistle:

Boy, you really opened yourself up to female ire... LOL :whistle:

LOL! Yeah, I guess I shouldnt have generalized there. Its mainly HER, she never gives anything a fair try and gives up WAY too easy. I have NOT put any pressure on her WHATSOEVER to quit, that would be the pot calling the kettle black.

I think the Smoke 51 is a Rn4081.I replaced my smoking everywhere batteries at AZsmokefree for $11 a piece and some blank carts.You can drip on it just two drops only and very carefully as to not ruin the batteries they are all auto style in the states.I am also happy with my Vapor King puts out about like the RN models sometimes more.ITs a no hassle cartomizer kit and refills are possible and blanks are available.Check out my review in the written review forum for more details.Did have a bad battery with the set but we got that resolved quickly.Will do a follow up review soon...

Good luck........

Steve

It could be the liquid,try no PG ,also make sure the atty is cleaned and primed with fresh eliquid.The primer in new atty's can really be funky.Also change tacts and ask her to try the nice tasting vanilla or mocha creme and she can smoke if she wants.I found out after I gave up trying to find a tobacco flavor that I looked forward to and started vaping the frooty ones that I actually like them and look forward to vaping them.Strawberry ,peach,apple ,coffee and to my surprise bannana are not as sickly sweet as I thought they would be .Some supliers have sample kits with all the different flavors they have .I think if you make it a hey taste this, instead of you need to do this and quit burning leaves in the house you might have better luck.I would get pretty red when someone started giving me greif about smoking but when I finally decided to quit on my terms and when I wanted to it went smooth.

honestly i tried a 510 made me cough like heck, but the 901 which also comes in pink worked great good flavor and the throat hit isnt harsh like the 510 is. i havnt tried an 801 though so not sure good luck. do you have kids? when i realized that i spent 10 mins of every hour away from my kids just so i could smoke and that added up to about 2 hours a day i could be spending with them that was it i was done with analogs

when i realized that i spent 10 mins of every hour away from my kids just so i could smoke and that added up to about 2 hours a day i could be spending with them that was it i was done with analogs

Now that's cool. smile.gif

I think McQuinn might have a good idea too; try to offer different flavors until she finds a flavor she likes (though while smoking I can attest the flavors don't come through like you'd think). I was pretty adamant that tobacco was what I wanted, but a couple of the flavors I've tried (still can't really taste them, but I'm patient ) have been kind of interesting. I like the idea of getting my nicotine need filled and having it taste good too.

For sure, pushing her to switch is gonna get the opposite effect from what you desire! None of us understand women, but I sure understand that much! Maybe you could try keeping it away from her - yours only. wink.gif I can say that even after having quit analogs for months, soon as I started vaping my wife was all over it.

Good luck! We'll look forward to meeting her here.