I Decided To Smoke An Analog

So after reading about nocotine absorbtion concerning E-cig VS Analog I decided to smoke an analog to see if I got a nicotine buzz. I figured if I did feel the nicotine from an analog than what I read was right. I was just curious and I also wanted to see how much my taste has changed since quitting as well.

Anyway the first drag off a Winston I got from my Dad did by no means even taste like what I remembered a cigarette to taste like. It wassuch a horrible nasty disgusting chemical taste I could not believe. It's really indescribable and I have to laught at the thought of us vapers trying to find an ejuice that would taste like a Winston,Marlboro etc.I guarantee that anyone who has been vaping and has 100% quit analogs for a while were to try an analog it would be the last thing they would ever want to have a vape taste like. I ended up putting it out close to half way and did not enjoy it for even a second. When I whipped out my silver Bullet loaded with Grape Soda and took a hit it was pure enjoyment with delicious flavor.

I don't believe I will ever even have the temptation to light up an analog again after the disgusting taste and total displeasure I just had.

Happy Vapn,

Derek

That's good. I've heard similar stories from people that wanted to try and have an analog or there battery died. Over the weekend I was drinking with some friends and wanted to smoke an analog. I knew I wouldn't like it and didn't want to waste of my "sobriety".

Hi,

Me, too. My (nearly full) pack of Winston 100s is only inches away, and I've thought about smoking "just one", to see if the taste was still "good".

But I've been "clean" since November 6, (17 DAYS!!!) and I'm not ready to touch a tobacco cigarette.

Side note: this week, I'll work on the javascript on my "smoke" page, and try to get it to reflect the exact $ amount not spent on cigarettes.

Steve

www.sl-prokeys.com/smoke/smoke.htm

a week or so after I started vaping, I did the same thing. out of curiosity I tried a marlboro light--3 drags and I was done. The big advantage for me was the removal of any and all cravings I had for a cigarette. I know for a fact that I can never go back to smoking. That was 6 months ago and I can't ever imagine going back to smoking.

I've done this twice now, with the last time being last night. Both times I couldn't get more than 2 drags choked down before I had to put it out. Brushing my teeth really well and mouthwash couldn't get the taste out, I showered to get the smell off me, and the smell lingered in the room for well over an hour (from 2 drags). It was horrible. But I'm a glutton for punishment and sometimes still miss those little guys, so I'll probably try it again next week.. lol..

I got my mother vaping 2 weeks ago. She hasn't had an analog since. She said something the other day about kind of wanting a cigarette, so I made her light one up. She smoked 3-4 packs a day for 40 years, and after 2 weeks vaping, she couldn't even get past the first drag. These things are amazing.

I dont even consider it a break in my sobriety cause I really did not have one ounce or hidden desire of wanting to have a cigarette cause I really and truly did not. I just gave my mother inlaw her VP2 I ordered for her lasy night and my Wifew told me that she was a bit concerned about vaping thinking she would get more nicotine vaping than by smoking and wants to wait until what her doctor says cause she said she felt a bit light headed when vaping but also thought it might just be in her head. So I did some research on my own about it and just decided to see what would happen if I smoked an analog. The truth is I don't miss analogs for a secondand I havent since my 1st one came in on Oct 10th

Derek

I have to agree. These things are amazing. I love hearing all these wonderful stories. I haven't had even one moment of wanting to try an analog again. I highly doubt I ever will. I've got what I want and I'm happy with it. The e-cigs aren't the only thing I find amazing though. I still can't quite believe that I joined a forum, that I actually participate in it, and have met some pretty incredible people.

A common comment I hear is that I vape way more than I would of smoked. When I was home I was smoking every hour or so; but, I read that a typical drag of an e-cig is 1/3 to 1/2 the amount of nicotine you would intake compared to an analog. So by that math, it's going going to take me twice or triple the amount of time vaping as it would take me smoking an analog. Furthermore, since I can't take 10 drags in a row of an e-cig like I could an analog, I have to space it out longer...So it just seems like I'm vaping more time wise, but actually I'm getting the same amount of nicotine.

Funny...I just did this tonight...

I was a 2 pack a day smoker of Marlboro reds. I've been vaping for almost 2 months. Ive been dying to light one up to see if it was "Good" just like you said...and let me tell you I was shocked..it was so horrible...I took 2 drags and put it out and grabbed my 510 and vaped the taste away. I cannot believe I did this for 20 years...long live the E-Cig!!!!!

I've hit snalogs twice since I started vaping and it was the same for me. It just didn't come close to measuring up to the flavor and experince of vaping. Likewise, I don't see it as a big deal anymore, like the other times that I quit smoking. There is no daunting fear of falling off of the wagon and going back to analogs, they just don't come close, so there is no need to worrry anymore.

Derek--you can help your mother in law figure out the nicotine intake.

Using a standard dropper bottle (I tried 3 different types)--I got about 3 drops = .1ml or 30 drops/1ml'

I currently use 18mg/ml liquid 18mg=30drops

18 divided by 30 = .6mg/drop

I figure I use about 1.5 mls/day--21mg/day

I smoked 30 or so cigarettes/day--approx 1mg nicotine/cigarette would have been 30 or so mg/day

even though I vape more than I smoked--my overall nicotine intake is less.

Reading these posts is very enlightening. The way you all have described your experiences with trying analogs after vaping for awhile, almost mirror each other. I have really been wondering what a coffin nail might taste like. It's been over 20 days since I quit. This thanksgiving, when I go to the family dinner, I'm gonna borrow a smoke to try it out. Even though I haven't had the usual undying need for a smoke, I must admit there were a couple of times (only a couple, tho) where I thought about an analog. However, I haven't acted on it yet. I think that experiencing that nasty taste will answer my questions for good, and will remain a reminder and a negative re-enforcement technique.

Reading these posts is very enlightening. The way you all have described your experiences with trying analogs after vaping for awhile, almost mirror each other. I have really been wondering what a coffin nail might taste like. It's been over 20 days since I quit. This thanksgiving, when I go to the family dinner, I'm gonna borrow a smoke to try it out. Even though I haven't had the usual undying need for a smoke, I must admit there were a couple of times (only a couple, tho) where I thought about an analog. However, I haven't acted on it yet. I think that experiencing that nasty taste will answer my questions for good, and will remain a reminder and a negative re-enforcement technique

Hey speakeasy..go for it..I can almost bet you wont finish it...congrats on being 20 days off the analogs!!! thats awesome... I couldn't believe the first drag was so horrible...I had to take a 2nd drag..then a third, then I was like "F" this and put it out. I can honestly say now, an analog will be my last resort if at all...

For me--it cured any and all cravings for a cigarette --ever. I had only had random short lived cravings--but just a couple hits cured me for life. Vaping is so amazing.

let us know how it goes for you speakeasy.....

Happy vaping

Derek--you can help your mother in law figure out the nicotine intake.

Using a standard dropper bottle (I tried 3 different types)--I got about 3 drops = .1ml or 30 drops/1ml'

I currently use 18mg/ml liquid 18mg=30drops

18 divided by 30 = .6mg/drop

I figure I use about 1.5 mls/day--21mg/day

I smoked 30 or so cigarettes/day--approx 1mg nicotine/cigarette would have been 30 or so mg/day

even though I vape more than I smoked--my overall nicotine intake is less.

Thanks for the helpful info I appreciate it.

There are other factors though as to how much your body actually absorbs nicotine when vaping versus burning a cigaqrette. It gets pretty scientific from what I have read and it seems that the amount you actually get from vaping is much less supposedly. To tell you the truth it just got too technical for me and I really don't care because all I know is that whatever ampount I'm getting from Vaping is enough for me to not have to deal with withdrawals from Analog Death Sticks and I'll eventually keep reducing my MG as time goes on to hopefully 0mg and just vape for the enjoyment of the flavors and vape clouds.

Derek

Reading these posts is very enlightening. The way you all have described your experiences with trying analogs after vaping for awhile, almost mirror each other. I have really been wondering what a coffin nail might taste like. It's been over 20 days since I quit. This thanksgiving, when I go to the family dinner, I'm gonna borrow a smoke to try it out. Even though I haven't had the usual undying need for a smoke, I must admit there were a couple of times (only a couple, tho) where I thought about an analog. However, I haven't acted on it yet. I think that experiencing that nasty taste will answer my questions for good, and will remain a reminder and a negative re-enforcement technique.

It will be a total negative reinforcement for you believe me. It tastes so bad you won't believe it and like I said in the past when I quit without vaping and went back to smoking the taste was no where nearly as bad comparitively. It didnt even taste like to Tobacco to me instead it seemed like I was smoking a chemical stick which is what analogs really are.

It was funny cause my Dad was looking at me like I was exaggerating and said " C'mon its not that bad" I said you have no idea how bad it is it's just flat out disgusting tasting. It really was.

Derek

My wife still smokes analogs so I smoke one every once in awhile. They taste nasty and I usually hand them to her after a couple of drags. I use to crave one when she would light up but now I have no more desire. I really don't feel like I need analogs anymore. The craving is long gone. I guess that probably took about a month or so. If I can ever get her off those things, I would never touch one in a million years.