vamo v5

cmycola

I have two of them now :D

Definitely go with the stainless steel model if you are looking to buy one.

as for batteries I run two different configs and 3 different batteries.

I have a pair of ICR 18350 900 mAh batteries I run stacked in it (one of them came with them)

I also run a IMR 18650 from AW @ 2000mAh, and my most recent battery purchase was a IMR 18650 orbtronic 2900mAh battery.

all of the batteries work great. the stacked pair fires the coil the absolute fastest, but the 2900mAh battery lasts the longest.

my newest vamo still accepts flat top 18650's but that will change after a while... I highly recommend getting button top batteries for them for the 18650's because the pin in the top will eventuall move upwards just enough that a flat top 18650 will no longer work.

button top 18650's will always work though.

Edited by Mr Smith

If you or anyone decides to "stack" batteries please reaserch the steps needed to do it safely! If not done properly it can be risky. The vamo v5 is a good device overall. I second the stainless version as the other finishes scratch off easily.

what is there to research for this mod? It was designed to use a stacked 18350 config. no different than stacking AA batteries in a flashlight.

The mod's electronics automatically compensate for the higher voltage input power. Output of the mod remains the same.

The vamo is one of very few mods that allow stacking 18350 batteries.

stacking 18350s should not be done in mods not designed for it.