I'm finally getting close to the nic level I need

I've posted a couple threads on the Introduce Yourself Sub-Forum and figured it was time to leave there.

I'm trying to come close to the nicotine level of my cigs (0.1 mg -- the "Why do you even bother?" cigarettes).

Some members suggested that there might be a PG allergy. I'm very happy to say that, after vaping a zero nic version of my juice yesterday -- I was so overloaded with nicotine that it was after noon before I even got a craving, I don't have a problem with PG.

I'm close, but still no cigar. I've been vaping 1 puff of my reduced-nic juice, two puffs of zero, and repeat with my morning coffee. So far, no overdose symptoms, no cravings.

What does close translate to? 0.75 mg/ml (the new "Why do you even bother?" juice). In case someone actually wants a serious answer, I bother because I just can't kick that last 3.5-4 mg nic everyday, and the habit, of course. Another 50/50 split will be a bridge too far, so I'm going to play around in between. I'd like to free up my other e-cig for use with a different flavor, and I'm too lazy to keep switching reservoirs.

"Things are looking up," she says as she gazes at the ceiling. I received lots of great help and encouragement in the sub-forum. Maybe I'll be able to pay it forward sometime.

That's a REALLY good idea. It'll save me a lot of measuring. My juice isn't available in a 1 mg level, but maybe I could just get some nicotine solution at that strength? I'll have to do some shopping.

Not sure whether you're referring to the small amount of nicotine I use, or the mess I made, both by vaping too much of the stronger stuff and by diluting my first try without gloves and getting it all over my fingers.

I smoked around 1 1/2 - 2 packs a day of the 0.1 mg/cig stuff, I've tried just quitting, but I really miss that 3.5 - 4 mg/day. I've also pretty much structured my life around smoking, so the habit is really strong. After I cleared all the extra nicotine out f my system yesterday, the cravings hit. So, gotta have that little bit every day.

In terms of the nicotine overdose, that was a self-inflicted gunshot wound. I really didn't think 6 mg/ml was all that big a deal. I guess it was for my system.

Today, I alternated 0 nicotine and my 0.75 mg/ml juice. It worked wonderfully, although I did get some dry-mouth and a little acid stomach this afternoon. I imagine those will go away as I get used it.

I've been trolling around the web trying to find a vendor who sells very low nicotine solutions, like the 1mg/ml suggested above.

No joy, here. Can anyone give me a recommendation? The lowest I see anywhere is 6.

Absolutely, Mtdobies, I was an incredible idjit to do that with no gloves, and I should have known better. I'm not sure I totally trust the latex. I'm picking up some chemically resistant gloves before I do any more mixing. I'd probably wear eye protection also, if I didn't already need my eyeglasses to see what I'm doing. They don't have side shields, but they should do the job.

I've been trolling around the web trying to find a vendor who sells very low nicotine solutions, like the 1mg/ml suggested above.

No joy, here. Can anyone give me a recommendation? The lowest I see anywhere is 6.

Absolutely, Mtdobies, I was an incredible idjit to do that with no gloves, and I should have known better. I'm not sure I totally trust the latex. I'm picking up some chemically resistant gloves before I do any more mixing. I'd probably wear eye protection also, if I didn't already need my eyeglasses to see what I'm doing. They don't have side shields, but they should do the job.

Hit up a juice maker. They can probably mix it at the level you want. Just buy a bottle of 1 mg no flavor and boom mix half and half with your zero. It would dilute flavor a bit but you could really vape all day no issues. There's a few makers on here that may help you.

Actually, Grailhunter,

I think I may just mix my own 1 mg/ml working juice. Knowing as I did early on that I was probably going to have to do some mixing, I ordered a pretty cheap but accurate 1 ml micropipettor and some 1ml tips. I used to use a micropipettor in the labs, so I'll just have to brush up. In fact, my volume measurements are going to be more accurate than the nicotine level in the 6 mg/ml starting juice, LOL.

I was stuck thinking along the lines of diluting the commercial juice. For some reason, until Gnarly suggested it, I never made the mental leap to using a set starting solution to work from. And even then, I didn't think right away to mix it myself.

Just goes to show you, retire, and your brain decides to retire with you.

I guess I'd better order a backup. This pipettor is cheap, buts it's probably not very durable. I'm going to test it first to make sure it can suck up that thick juice.

I've diluted w drops of pure glycerin I added to my tank.

Worked well now that I'm using the Russian and magma I have dropped my older juices nic level by half adding glycerin.

I'm a chain Vaper in the morning and was doing the headache thing (had a constant slight headache while detoxing) so I vaped 0 nic in a seperate tank.