801 Atomizers--Need Help Figuring Out

Hawk

Hey Everyone,

I need some input on the 801 atomizer's. I have the VP2 and have been using it for about 1 1/2 months now. About a week ago, I started having problems with vapor production. I contacted Jeso at VAPRLife, and we determined that I wasn't screwing the atty down on to the unit far enough. Problem was solved initially. Since then, I have been having problems figuring out how the draw is supposed to be on an 801. When I snug it down on the VP - it has a semi hard draw, and when it's not snugged down the draw is of course lighter.

I'm thinking that the draw is supposed to be a little harder, for say than the 510, and I've been letting too much air in. With too much air, I've been getting pissed at poor vapor production and dripping too much into the atty, and perhaps flooding it, as I'm getting weak sauce vapor production. I have tried a couple of brand new atty's recently, and having the same issues.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks all..

Hawk

My 801 is snug as can be, I have to draw a little harder and vapor is pretty good. My 901 was a little weaker, and the 510 was really good. All in all I haven't really experienced these problems. I would like to say it's your atomizers, but if you've tried a couple different ones, I don't know. Are the atomizers from different suppliers or the same one? When you put a full charged battery on the unit, do you still get weak vapor?

Edited by NeRo9k

My 801 is snug as can be, I have to draw a little harder and vapor is pretty good. My 901 was a little weaker, and the 510 was really good. All in all I haven't really experienced these problems. I would like to say it's your atomizers, but if you've tried a couple different ones, I don't know. Are the atomizers from different suppliers or the same one? When you put a full charged battery on the unit, do you still get weak vapor?

Ok, I think I'm not snugging them down enough. Maybe it's not making good enough contact, and the draw is too light.

I have tried a couple of different ones.. Two that came with the kit, and and another two that came from a different supplier, and have had the same deal with all of em..

Also tried brand new charged batteries, without adjusting or changing atty's and the same thing. It's been really weird and frustrating to say the least..

I've had the same sort of problem with my new VP2. That's why I'm interested in the low bridge 801 atty's. I thought maybe that would make the difference. In comparing my 510 and VP2, I think the 510 has better vapor production. My problem is, I like the battery life better on the VP2. I do not have an adapter to use the 510 atty on the VP2 and have wondered if I should try that. I'm thinking I should and then get some low bridge as soon as I can and then compare them that way. I guess I just want it all - great vapor and long battery life. And then if I could have the wonderful taste that everyone else gets, I'd be set.

Here Hawk, i just PM'ed you this but i figured it might help out the other members too.

Yea Jeso's attys i believe are 4 hole which makes them really "Airy". Send Jeso an e-mail ask him for a little screw and a tool to adjust the airflow on your VP Unit. He took that option off because people where breaking the units so often using it. But my Vaper 51 has it and its nice, you can adjust the airflow to be tighter and looser on the unit. He will prolly charge you $5 for the parts but it will help with your light draw problem. Another thing is that me and alot of the other VT members including Chris dont really like Jeso's attys, i would check out awesomevapor.com and get some of Arno's Low Bridge attys or check out dietsmokes.com and get some Janty Kissbox attys. Some people like the light draw, some people like feeling they are sucking on something :thumbsup:

Thanks everyone!

@Nana, yep me too on everything you said.. I agree!

Gonna get some 801LB's when they come in, and check out those Kissbox atty's..

The BE112s get great reviews as well (mostly on other forums, but many people like them). They are not low bridge to my knowledge (maybe there is a low bridge version). I got mine from bestecig.com and have been very pleased with the performance.

A thought that came to mind is possible moisture on the connections between atty and batt. Juice can get the threaded parts moist but you may not even see it, and of course this moisture can affect the flow of power to the atty. I occasionally take a Q-tip and wipe off the threaded parts when vapor seems sub-par, and it often solves the issue.

A thought that came to mind is possible moisture on the connections between atty and batt. Juice can get the threaded parts moist but you may not even see it, and of course this moisture can affect the flow of power to the atty. I occasionally take a Q-tip and wipe off the threaded parts when vapor seems sub-par, and it often solves the issue.

I was thinking that too. Then there's gunk that builds up on the threads too that block the atty and batt from having a good connection. I usually take a paper towel and try to clean out the threads.