Nic. Inhaled Paralyzes Parts Of The Lungs

Blondie

A friend of mine who is now vapping has an aunt who is a respiratory therapist. She said that vapping is no better than smoking. Said that nicotine inhaled paralyzes things in the lungs and that vapping is not any better than smoking... Hugh :wtf: How can that be??? My friend even asked her dr. before she started to vape and he told her " by all means yes, switch to an ecig ". Has any one heard of such a thing??

Eggs are good for you no bad for you. The world is freezing no its warming........ People shoot at anything they aren't involved in. I googled nicotine and lung paralysis and found plenty of information on the subject. Just browsing it seems it was all in regards to smoking. So, is the claim, due to nicotine or any of the other thousands of chemicals in cigarettes. Lets face it chronically ingesting any foreign chemical into your body, whether it be nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, smog or nuclear waste can't be good for long term health.... But neither is driving on the freeway !!!

No one gets out of here alive !!!

Eggs are good for you no bad for you. The world is freezing no its warming........ People shoot at anything they aren't involved in. I googled nicotine and lung paralysis and found plenty of information on the subject. Just browsing it seems it was all in regards to smoking. So, is the claim, due to nicotine or any of the other thousands of chemicals in cigarettes. Lets face it chronically ingesting any foreign chemical into your body, whether it be nicotine, caffeine, alcohol, smog or nuclear waste can't be good for long term health.... But neither is driving on the freeway !!!

Very well put. I hope you don't mind I copy, pasted and texted this to my friend. I got a kick out of it I know she will too. Thanks

Your friend's aunt who is a respiratory therapist obviously doesn't work for the FDA. Because they approved a nicotine inhaler a few years back that is being sold over the counter by thousands of pharmacies world-wide as a nicotine replacement therapy that they say is perfectly safe.

This response was cheerfully provided by a RN with 22 years of professional experience who happens to vape like a mad man while texting on his cellphone at speeds exceeding 75mph. Is that bad? Is that wrong? Should I not be doing that?

lol, Nobody gets out of here alive.....

Your friend's aunt who is a respiratory therapist obviously doesn't work for the FDA. Because they approved a nicotine inhaler a few years back that is being sold over the counter by thousands of pharmacies world-wide as a nicotine replacement therapy that they say is perfectly safe.

it was the clinical trial for the nicotine inhaler that I took part in. It was an 18 month studay at Stanford. They checked my lungs and blood every week. the only problem I had with the studay was giving up 2 test tubes of blood every week -- I now have a fear of needles that didn't exist before the study. doctor.gif

That's so good I had to quote it yet again. :) I'm going to use this in every argument myself; you put it in a way that would be hard to deny -- though I can hear it now. :D Thanks, that's good stuff.

I'm so happy to have quit smoking - Today! Finally! - that I'm walking round like I'm king of the planet. No more analogs for this middle aged fat man. ;)

I couldnt agree more ! Lets face it. We are ALL adults. We ALL know the hazards of smoking, drinking, vaping, unprotected sex, licking light sockets, hang gliding, etc , etc,...... Its ALLLL covered in the Declaration Of Independance under :Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS !!!! Those are the 3 words that seperate US from every other country in the world ! Now, the current powers that be, in there effort to "europeanize" America, are FORGETTING that wonderful document that started this country. OK, Im starting to rant again, Ill stop . :whistle:

• 1 month later...

I couldnt agree more ! Lets face it. We are ALL adults. We ALL know the hazards of smoking, drinking, vaping, unprotected sex, licking light sockets, hang gliding, etc , etc,...... Its ALLLL covered in the Declaration Of Independance under :Life, Liberty, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS !!!! Those are the 3 words that seperate US from every other country in the world ! Now, the current powers that be, in there effort to "europeanize" America, are FORGETTING that wonderful document that started this country. OK, Im starting to rant again, Ill stop . :whistle:

Rant away my friend. I to am sick to death of the Govt. worming its way into every facet of our lives. I am a proud American and attended as many T-Partys as I could. If I choose to vamp who is Congress to tell me I can't. Hell, half of them don't even pay their taxes. You can bet whenever the Govt. says its going to protect you its code for control you.

Rant away my friend. I to am sick to death of the Govt. worming its way into every facet of our lives. I am a proud American and attended as many T-Partys as I could. If I choose to vamp who is Congress to tell me I can't. Hell, half of them don't even pay their taxes. You can bet whenever the Govt. says its going to protect you its code for control you.

Well you're going to fit right in here. :D