Aspire coil build

Jfciv51

Help please. I've been attempting to rebuild the nautilus coils (following rip trippers video to the letter) and the coils are working, but not to the effect that rips are. Minimal flavor and pathetic vapor production, especially compared to the clouds that rip is putting out at the end of the video. Anyone who has successfully copied his build please PLEASE tell me what you did and what I'm doing wrong. Thanks all

I can tell you that I watched his video once and then a week or two later when I actually had a nautilus of my own I tried it from memory and was successful. I'm not sure what you did exactly. I made mine with 30g kanthal and organic cotton. I trimmed the cotton fairly short on each side of the coil and put it into the tube so that the cotton was lined up with the first coil position slots, not the deepest ones if you know what I mean. I think I did 6 wraps and it is around 1.8 ohms but my cheap tester broke on me(lesson learned) so I can't test it accurately anymore.

Keep trying but be careful so you don't get hurt or destroy equipment, or both for that matter. I am stoked because both stock coils that came with mine were horrible after only a few puffs but my rebuilt one is a trooper and works very well. I have it on my sentinel clone with an 18650 in it and it rocks!

Like I said I just did it from memory but used his general tips as a guide. I'm a noob to this coil building thing too. I am just trying it and being careful so as to not get hurt or break stuff. I rebuilt a Davide king coil last night and it worked fine until I lost a seal for the tank and now I can't use it anymore. Kanger coils are also good practice in my opinion. Trial and error my friend just keep the errors to a minimum right? As for kanthal gauges I have only used 30g so far and don't know much beyond the smaller number means thicker wire and less resistance right? Lots to learn still for me here...

Edited by raiderep

As for kanthal gauges I have only used 30g so far and don't know much beyond the smaller number means thicker wire and less resistance right? Lots to learn still for me here...

Yep. 30g is smaller compared to 28g and also gives a higher resistance. 26g is thicker than 28g and lower resistance and it keeps going down. I think if you can fit them in your rda you can go all the way down to 22g but I've never needed to go lower than 26g and usually use 28g.